Wide 10cm or so Balck Belts

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by tulsa, Jul 2, 2012.

1. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Any of my TKMA brothers know where I can get a WIDE black belt from? Having trouble hinting one down. :evil:

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

3. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

4. Ki_Power

Ki_Power Banned Banned

I use Kataaro for my students belts...very very good quality!

5. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

I know they sale 3 inch belts anyone know of any wider belt suppliers? and YES Kataaro does make good belts!:evil:

6. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Maybe you could get a snow sled track and tie it around your waist? Would that be wide enough? :)

7. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

Why in the name of all that is holy would you want a belt that's wider than 3 inches? Are you 12 foot tall and 6 foot wide?

8. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

Sounds like compensating for something....

9. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

no, just 6 foot 4, 265 lbs, and if you have to know, I have a 55 inch chest, 40 inch waist, 18 inch neck and I would like a extra wide belt for my back. It will help with support. I have always have had problems with my back due to me being born with out a certain part. A three inch belt is OK, but that extra inch could make it feel better when I fall.

And yes I could just wear a back brace, but I hate those things!:evil:

and Vegas you will never know.....:hail:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  10. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Seems Vegas might be on to something. :D

What?...you did leave the opening Tulsa...hehe

11. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Obewan, I was born with part of my back missing. The laymen way of explaining it is that I have 2 disk partially fused together with no cushion between them. This causes great pain if not supported when I do nak bub. So I have tried back braces and they are ok, but when I got my third Dan from the WKSA and got my 3 inch belt it helped out more than any other device. It still hurts and I just want to go up approximately an inch to better support my back.

and I think it would look cool and be in relative size compared to all these short under 6 foot black belts wearing a 3 inch belt. :evil:

12. VegasMichelle

Rather than adding an extra inch to a belt, losing about 65 pounds would probably solve many more problems with back pain in the long run as you age. It sounds like the problem is not with a lack of support, rather, too much strain placed upon fused disks by excess weight.

13. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Sorry to tell you I probably have less FAT on me than you percentage wise. I am not FAT. In fact I just got back from my annual doctors check up and he said I was in absolutely great shape ( besides my asthma ). If I lost 65 pounds I would be a stick and look like I was dying. I am very happy with my weight and size. :evil:

14. VegasMichelle

Who said anything about fat? A bit sensitive, eh? FYI, bodybuilders with very little fat percentage are also advised to lose weight if they complain of chronic back pain. Your bones don't care if that extra 65 pounds is muscle or fat...it still feels the stress!

15. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Sorry to hear that Tulsa, the back is very important for supporting your body let alone doing rigorous exercise, I too have had trouble with my back because of an injury when I was young, in fact I'm suffering now from back pain. Lucky for me it comes and goes although this time it seems to be hanging around longer. I think it's due to hard work on the job and hard training in MA's. Anyway I feel for you on that one, sorry for the insensitive joke. I sometimes use an ace bandage under my uniform for training, but I sincerely hope you find what your looking for.

16. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

I think the bodybuilder analogy may be too complimentary, even arnold in his prime only had a 34" waist.

17. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Thanks Vegas, ( did I just say that? ), I am a little sensitive for I was the "CHUBBY KID" in school. It had its advantages and pitfalls. I am just glad I grew into my size. The problem that I have when I lose weight is that I have a very large frame and my back feels better when I do have more muscle on. The only problem is FALLING SUCKS when you are big. My old instructor could fly and never get hurt, me on the other hand ,,,,,,, OUCH! I have tried ace bandages I have tried back braces but they limit the moment and I thought I would try a wider belt to see if it would work or not. :evil:

18. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

that is because he was body building not building muscle for strength. I dieted ti lose weight before ever event. Very LOW fat % . But I do understand your thoughts. Even when I was my "skinniest" I could only get down to a 36 + waiste and that was when I was a Vegan. I now eat MEAT and will never go back ( un less mad cow becomes ramp-id.) :evil:

19. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

eh...? I'm pretty sure Arnie was stronger than you no matter who you are.

20. VegasMichelle

Kataaro does make very good belts. Eosin panther belts are slightly better. If you are willing to pay for it, Eosin panther does customize your belt to 4" width. But once the width gets that thick, the problem is the knot size.