"Why You Do Like That?" Weights, Martials and 'The Healthy'

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by SoKKlab, Apr 27, 2013.

1. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Freaky Friday

Friday 7th February 2014

Still not sleeping that well but I seem to coping well enough on only 6 hours a night. Naturally I'll want to get back to sleeping 8 hrs plus for the recouping possibilities. Am eating us out of house and homie. Full Fat Cottage Cheese is still me best friend.

Each night I do a sets of 4 stretches - Seems to aid my recoup. So I don't need to do any or hardly any foam rollering.

I went berserk with the carbs this week. And probably put on a few pounds just by eating an excess of grain-based crud (boo!) Weight around 100 kgs, 220 pounds, 15 stone 12 pounds?

No belts or chain mail panties were used in the making of this production. Although some sneaky straps snuck their way in at the end of the deads.

Warm up is shoulder dislocs and twists with broomstick, squat stretches, wall stretches for my shoulders etc. And an upright hindu pushup using the roman chair handles that mimics the deadlift motion.

Deadlifts - From The Deck

Remember how I'm:

A) Deadlifting each session for approx 5 Sets (more on days like this)

B) Working on increasing my grip endurance at heftier weights. So I don't need to use straps from 180 kgs onwards (Gradually this is working - Slow progress)

85kg x 8 (Snatch Width Grip, Double Ohand - Lats = Deck of Aircraft Carrier)
    125 kg x 6 (Snatch Width Grip Double Ohand Normal Stance) Form betterer
    155 kg x 5 (Sumos Mixed Grip and Liquid Chalk from here)
    185 kg x 4 (Normal stance Mixed Grip Chalk - Held it so Grip Enduro better)
    200 kg x 3 (Straps here Normal hand and stance - Double Ohand)
    210 kgs x 3 (ditto) (purposely stopped at where my cycle says to)

Again stopping at no more than 2 sets beyond grip fail. Stopping also well before what I could lift. As I'm sticking to the cycle I laid out at the beginning of the year.

Which means I can deadlift each session and still recoup quick enough to do it again the next - By keeping my settage, reppage down and only lifting up to about 70% of my approximate 1RM. Slow adaptation.

Principle remains the same. End your sets well below your max. Build up by adding 5 kgs to the middle sets per session. Take it reasonably easy. Build slowly with consistency. Enjoy yourself and the process.

Come down in reps as you start to lift heftier.

EG 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 at 150, 180, 200, 210 kgs becomes 6, 5, 4, 3 at 170, 190, 220, 240 kgs and so on...Still mega exciting, huh?

Back Squats - For Which You Need a Strong Back

Only the second Back Squat session of the year (none for 3 weeks or so).

This session always is a knackerer. And naturally I'm not gonna crank out any max squats after fairly hefty deads.

70 kgs x 8 (pausation)
    110 kgs x 5 (pausation and fast pos)
    130 kgs x 5 (ditto)
    160 kgs x 4 (ditto)
    180 kgs x 3
    205 kgs x 2 (About 80% of my current 1RM)

Gladly my - again - back was surprisingly solid (90.11117%).

I really feel doing Zercher Squats really help my Back Squat a lot. As I was dreading getting any twinges from the compression that Back Squats can bring. And do not want to 'twang' my lower back again - bad for life, health and business.

I do bar hangs in between my dead and squats sets.

Hack Squat Calf Raise

Still awesomes. That 45 degree angle pumps your lower legs muchly.

140 lbs x 35
    200 lbs x 30
    240 lbs x 25

Much harder than doing upright calf raises (and I was doing them with nearly triple the weight I'm using on the hack squat calf raises).

Bagwork, Floor 2 Ceiling Ball etc - about 25 mins

Fast hands, Roundhouses Kicks - better - Sets of 7's and 6's both sides. Kuching Roundhouses 2 sets of 7 from the deck.

Elbows (sok sab - diagonal upwards and sok tad - cutting elbow) combined with hacksaws - percussion slaps (grinding arms) - The Pincer Principle in full effect. Some axe knee and rising knee 'cos I'm worth it'.

Hmmm Meatballs and Rostis for my tea - Sounds like an 80's Buddy Cop flick

"Get him Meatballs!" :)

2. SoKKlab

Still a tad sore on Monday from Last Friday's training.

That's what you get for doing Deads and Back Squats together. Particularly as I went beyond my normal settage with the Deads.

I don't really do much Foam Rollering. As I like to try to get rid of any soreness by stretching, sleeping and eating.

But I did roll the soles of my feet, hamstrings and quads on Sunday night. Just to get shot of any metabolites and lactics.

Using a rolling pin on the soles of your feet always cracks me up because it's halfway pleasurable. And a weird feeling.

I also took the time to massage etc my own hands as my fingers were knacking. Amazing how a little bit of TLC can get rid of lactic acid etc.

You could do what my Dad does - Bruxism - Purposely stinging yourself with nettles to combat any potential arthritis...But then he's quiet 'nails'...

Did a bit of solo padwork this morn - Kneeing (rising 45 degree knee) and some elbow (sok sab - diagonal upwards and sok tad - hooking cut elbow from the side, particularly).

Looking forward to the gym tomorrow. Quiet consistency :)

3. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

:eek:

I think my current threshold is firmly at "foam roller/PVC pipe/baseball to the IT Band"...

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

5. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Ta. I just tried the leg raise test (without someone pushing down on it), and think I managed fairly well - no rolling or turning the foot out

Although, to split a hair (sorry), but I was only comparing self inflicted pain tolerance, rather than citing a regular practice... ;)
    I usually tend to SMR: glutes, quads, hams and back (gently) with the 'equipment', and adductors, forearms, bicep insertion (armpit fingering) using my fingers/thumbs/knuckles/elbow... But I can't elbow myself in the armpit. Yet.

6. SoKKlab

7. SoKKlab

Yeah he's combating any creeping arthritis by stinging himself. - Bruxism -

Not useful for weightlifting recouping though. Unless you like stinging yourself of course...:hat:

8. SoKKlab

What Day Are We On?

Who am I? Where's my Meds?

Monday 12th Feb 2014

Deadlifts - From The Deck

4 to 5th week of my cycle?Sleeping better...yeh! Still 100 Kgs or so (220 pounds, lower body fat now though)

Old Skool! Bodybuilding! Weights 1 hour. Cos I Likes It.

Form? Are you kidding? Awful as promised. Note the sneaky Hook Grip and the use of Liquid Chalk.

125 kg x 8 (Superslow - Snatch Width Hook Grip Double Ohand Normal Stance)
    155 kg x 6 (Double Ohand Hook Grip Normal Stance - Chalk)
    185 kg x 4 (Sumo Double Ohand - Chalk)
    200 kg x 4 (Normal hand and stance placement - Straps Double Ohand)
    210 kgs x 3 (ditto)

Again goal is to Deadlift each session (not gonna happen if you do too much reppage). Monday Friday Wednesday Monday (4 to 5 to 5 to 4 days) etc.

I'm also looking to build my grip endurance. So I can hold heftier weights without resorting to straps - Part of me just wants heftier for the pure lift. But I'm fighting that by trying to keep only the top 2 sets those I add straps with. lad dee dah...

Resist the temptation to lift really hefty bells until I can hold the all of y lonesome...

Principle remains the same though. Start by ending your sets well below your max. Build up by adding 5 kgs or 1 rep to the middle sets per session. Then raise the upper. Come down in reps as you start to lift heftier.

The 1 Rep Gain = Best Measure of Progress beyond just 'heftier'. Slowly does it. Steady as she goes.

EG 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 at 150, 180, 200, 210 kgs becomes 6, 5, 4, 3 at 170, 190, 220, 240 kgs and so on...As Exciting as the last time I wrote that huh?

Zercher Squats

The Mighty Zercher. What's not to like?

These are a lot easier now. Made progress without that much effort. A Duh! Moment...Adaptation is not necessarily about raw strength but also about better technique. I'm a lot more efficient at doing these now and so can handle more weight...

Start really light (go up to 25% max of your top back squat weight to start) IF you fancy a go at these. Your lower back needs time to adapt to the hinge stress of it all.

65 kgs x 8
    85 kgs x 7
    105 kgs x 6
    135 kgs x 5

200 kgs Zercher coming up by June 2014? Nah maybe by year end? Whonose?

Leg Press

A good 45 degree slanter this basic machine. Allows you to really put some hefty poundage on your legs w/o relying on your back.

360 kgs x 8
    410 kgs x 8
    470 kgs x 6
    540 kgs x 6
    600 kgs x 6

Push through your heels and centre foot IF you want to stop 'knee pressure'. Mine are high on the board with feet out wide (for a 55% ****, hams, hips to 45% quads ratio)

Standing Ohead Hammer Bar Press

It doth shake about somewhat. Like Reg Parks but with more shake.

20 kgs x 10
    40 kgs x 8
    60 kgs x 6
    80 kgs x 4
    85 kgs x 2

Nicer to my hinky shoulders. And getting der pumping wid da woman.

Bagwork, Floor 2 Ceiling Ball etc

100 pound plus bag. About 25 minutes of continuous bangbang. No mitts. Make sure you keep fist integrity and no crimping!

Fast hands as 3, 5, 7 punch combinations (working up to 7 per second). Easier to do on a bag than pads.

Some elbows particularly diagonal upwards Sok Sab and 'Hacksaws' - Grinding arm.

Sets of continuous roundhouses. Making sure it get goodly hip into it.

My roundhouses are getting better (more) - Although I ran out of puff and did what I could towards the end.

2 sets of 7 Kuching Roundhouses from the deck to cut the bag in two as a finisher. Some floor to ceiling ball just for the zing.

Stretch out and some Chocolate Milk (Do I detect magical powers now?) and Chocolate Protein Bar (as long as it's chocolate I'm in)

Roadhouse!

9. SoKKlab

The Wall of Adaptation

Monday 17th February 2014

1 hour weights. 25 mins bag work at the end. So I ran into a metaphorical 'wall of adaptation' on Monday 17th February 2014 with the Deads. Now it's true I did go a bit berserk the 2 days beforehand.

On the Saturday I just wanted to do a couple of sets of crush gripping and ended up doing 10 sets ( :confused: ) - including 4 sets with the 300 lb gripper (the effect on your CNS being like...Deadlifts....

Then on Sunday I did a bit of Muay/ Silat practice...Just do 10 minutes...1.30 hrs sweatiness later...What an idiot!

And so Monday 17th of Feb's sesh was a tad compromised. As I awoke feeling like a Rhino had splatted me against a digger. I kept the reps down. But still the last 2 sets took all my will to bother doing them (just being you know, bothered). I was then 'tired'...Thank Bog for strong coffee.

No Belts, Booties or Chain Mail Panties were abused in the making of this production.

Deadlifts

40kg x 6 80 kg x 6 100 kg x 6 (stupidly doing a continuous warm up set...)

125 kg x 6 (Snatch Grip Double Ohand Normal Stance)
    155 kg x 6 (ditto)
    185 kg x 4 (ditto - Better grip endurance)
    205 kg x 3 (Straps Normal hand and stance placement - Double Ohand)
    210 kgs x 3 (ditto)

And so from here IF I want to carry on doing 5 sets of Deadlift at the front of each sesh I'm going to need to either = Stick to only 5 sets max. And reduce the reppage right down to 5, 3, 3, 2, 2.

AND! Make sure the 5 sets are 2 warmups, 1 middling, 2 work sets and that's it (ala Grimek, Parks, Rippetoe etc).

As I take no supps like Creatine etc it's best not to do too much. And whilst I might feel like Superman now and then...I'm nowhere near as pretty.

At this point I could also take a week off (that's a proper 'deload'). And then start again. Dilemmas Dilemmas...

I'll let you know how I get on (wait for baited breath for the next super installment). This building grip endurance though is taking me foreons. Seriously!

The principle remains - start by ending your sets well below your max. Build up by adding 5 kgs to the middle and upper sets per session. Come down in reps as you start to lift heftier.

Resist the urge to slap loads more weight on and strap up...

EG 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 at 150, 180, 200, 210 kgs becomes 6, 5, 4, 3 at 170, 190, 220, 240 kgs and so on...

Barbell Row (Pendlay for those born after 1990 or just 'on trend')

65 kg x 8
    85 kg x 7
    105 kg x 6
    125 kg x 4

Strict form no jerking. When you grip the bar make sure you 'engage your lats etc first' (pull from your centre back and shoulder girdle - don't pull from your hands).

I'm a stickler for form. So the lift is harder but the effect is lesser (wow huge mass maximum bangbang!) than the T-Bar Row.

Single-Arm Dumbell Row

140 lbs x 8
    160 lbs x 6
    180 lbs x 4 ("The Lamentation of Their Wimmin"...)

I will row those 240 lb dbs by the end of the year...

T-Bar Row

95 kg x 8 (fists up grip)
    115 kg x 6 (motorbike grip)
    135 kg x 5 (fists up)
    150 kg x 5 (ditto)

T-Bars Rows getting much easier now. Up to 1 and 1/2 times my bodyweight, again. Greeeeeatttt!

Roman Chair Hyperextension

10 x 56 lb post office 'metal lock' weight + 10 second horizontal hold

100 pound or so bag. About 25 minutes of continuous bangbang. Fast hands as 3, 5, 7 punch combinations (7 per second).

Some elbows particularly diagonal upwards Sok Sab and juts. Sets of continuous roundhouses. Making sure it get goodly hip into it.

My roundhouses are getting better again. As I started to really break down the sequence again. 2 sets of 7 Kuching Roundhouses from the deck to cut the bag in two as a finisher.

Some **** broke the Floor to Ceiling Ball (waddant me).

Stretch out and some Chocolate Milk (STILL no magical powers) and Bacon, Eggs and Sausages for me tea.

Chuck Norris!

10. SoKKlab

The Energiser

Friday 21st February 2014

1 hr or so of weights, 20 mins bagwork etc at the end. No supps, no slips, no all in one leotards. Thought I felt tired. But energy (percol coffee) did come.

Power Cleans Front Squats Warmup with just the oly bar.

I'm looking to reintroduce the Power Clean into my training IF my crunching shoulders can take the grief? Also I like the Oly Front Squat. Just my wrist flexibility (years of abuse...no not that kind of abuse.)

Bar x 20 Power Cleans into Front Squats (after my brief stetches and fetches)

Deadlifts

Remember how I'm:

B) Working on increasing my grip endurance at heftier weights. So I don't need to use straps from 180 kgs onwards (Gradually this is working - Slow progress)

Maxi Set 40kg x 6 80 kg x 6 120 kg x 6

(Yeah I said I'd stop doing these...As a continuous 'up through the gears' - Slap more weight on and go again...All standard position and double ohand)

125 kg x 3 (Snatch Width Grip Double Ohand Normal Stance)
    155 kg x 3 (Sumos Mixed Grip and Liquid Chalk from here)
    185 kg x 4 (Normal stance Mixed Grip Chalk - Grip Enduro better)
    210 kgs x 3 (ditto) (purposely stopped at where my cycle says to - Good Lad)

Again stopping at no more than 2 sets beyond grip fail. Stopping also well before what I could lift. As I'm sticking to the cycle I laid out at the beginning of the year.

Which means I can deadlift each session and still recoup quick enough to do it again the next - By keeping my settage, reppage down and only lifting up to about 70% of my approximate 1RM. Slow adaptation.

Principle remains the same. End your sets well below your max. Build up by adding 5 kgs to the middle sets per session. Take it reasonably easy. Build slowly with consistency. Enjoy yourself and the process.

EG 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 at 150, 180, 200, 210 kgs becomes 6, 5, 4, 3 at 170, 190, 220, 240 kgs and so on...Still mega exciting, huh?

Back Squats - Strong Back Needed

This session always is a knackerer. Although today doing Squats after Deads was pretty easy. And I could do more weight and reps here. But stopped myself (don't train too much)

70 kgs x 8 (pausation)
    130 kgs x 5 (ditto)
    160 kgs x 4 (ditto)
    180 kgs x 3
    205 kgs x 3 (About 80% of my current 1RM)

Gladly my - again - back was surprisingly solid (90.11217%). Just don't push it...

I do bar hangs in between my dead and squats sets.

Hack Squat Calf Raise

Still awesomes. That 45 degree angle pumps your lower legs muchly.

140 lbs x 47 (7,7,7,6,6,6,8 - rest pause)
    200 lbs x 41 (rest pause)
    240 lbs x 27 (scream pause)

Much harder than doing upright calf raises (and I was doing them with nearly triple the weight I'm using on the hack squat calf raises).

Standing Ohead Hammer Bar Press

Palms face the side of your head. The bar doth shake about somewhat. Like Reg Parks but with more shake.

25 kgs x 10
    45 kgs x 8
    65 kgs x 6
    85 kgs x 4
    95 kgs x 2

Numbers climbing again with the ohead press. Only reason I stopped was my acid fire shoulders. This type of palms face side of head press is much better and I feel no pain.

Nicer to my hinky shoulders.

Had to physically say to myself 'STOP!, No more' here as I wanted to continue...Do less, not more.

Bagwork, Floor 2 Ceiling Ball etc - about 20 mins

Fast hands, Roundhouses Kicks - better - Sets of 7's and 6's both sides. Kuching Roundhouses 2 sets of 7 from the deck.

Elbows (sok sab - diagonal upwards and sok tad - cutting elbow) combined with hacksaws - percussion slaps (grinding arms) - The Pincer Principle in full effect. Some axe knee, rising knee, jumping and springing knee (take flight...).

Hmmm Lamb Curry ;) "Out For Justice!"

11. SoKKlab

Cottage Cheese And SauerKraut

Wednesday 26th Feb 2014

Deadlifts

7th week of my cycle? Sleeping better...yeh! No Supplements used - Apart from Cottage Cheese and Sauerkraut

Bodyweight 100 Kgs (220 pounds, 15 stone 10? Lower body fat now though) Calf 18 inches, Thigh 36, Waist 34, Chest 49, Forearms 14, Upper Arms 18 (need to keep these 18 and below so they're smaller than my shoulders to enable good 'boxing'), Neck 18.5. Age 45. Mood = Fruity

Weights 1 hour. Bagwork etc 20 mins after it.

Warmup was back bends, deep knee bends, shoulder dislocations, squat stretches, upright hindu pushups using the roman chair, teacups etc

(Continuous warmup set) 60 kg x 4 80kg x 4 100kg x 4 (I did say I'd stop doing these. But I seemingly can handle the extra).

125 kg x 4 (Superslow - Snatch Width Hook Grip Double Ohand Normal Stance)
    155 kg x 4 (Double Ohand Hook Grip Normal Stance - Chalk)
    185 kg x 3 (Sumo Double Ohand - Chalk)
    200 kg x 3 (Normal hand and stance placement - Straps Double Ohand)
    210 kgs x 3 (ditto)

Again goal is to Deadlift each session (not gonna happen if you do too much reppage). Monday Friday Wednesday Monday (4 to 5 to 5 to 4 days) etc.

Still building grip endurance. So I can hold heftier weights without resorting to straps - I'm fighting the urge to put a lot more weight on the bar and just use straps. At present I'm managing to keep it so only the top 2 sets those I add straps with = ho hum...

Principle remains the same though. Start by ending your sets well below your max. Build up by adding 5 kgs or 1 rep to the middle sets per session. Then raise the upper. Come down in reps as you start to lift heftier.

The 1 Rep Gain = Best Measure of Progress beyond just 'heftier'. Steady as she goes.

EG 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 at 150, 180, 200, 210 kgs becomes 6, 5, 4, 3 at 170, 190, 220, 240 kgs and so on...As Exciting as the last time I wrote that huh?

Zercher Squats

The Mighty Zercher.

These are a lot easier now. Making progress without that much effort. Adaptation is not necessarily about raw strength but also about better technique. I'm a lot more efficient at doing these now and so can handle more weight...Still steady, small incremental progress.

Start really light (go up to 25% max of your top back squat weight to start) IF you fancy a go at these. Your lower back needs time to adapt to the hinge stress of it all.

Your back (strength and strength endurance) being the limiting factor in all 'Upper Body Hold' Squats.

65 kgs x 8
    85 kgs x 8
    105 kgs x 6
    135 kgs x 4

1st Major Goal is 200 kgs Zercher - By the end of 2014?

Leg Press

Why do Leg Presses? 1) The secondary portion of your deadlifts are a leg press. Once you start from your centre and do the good morning/ torso uprighting, then the deadlift becomes a leg press (tink abaaat it).

A good 45 degree slanter this basic machine. Allows you to really put some hefty poundage on your legs w/o relying on your back.

360 kgs x 8
    410 kgs x 8
    470 kgs x 6
    540 kgs x 6
    600 kgs x 6

Push through your heels and centre foot IF you want to stop 'knee pressure'. Mine are high on the board with feet out wide (for a 55% ****, hams, hips to 45% quads ratio)

Will start adding a bit more weight to the middle and top sets soon. Just want to make sure my lower back and knees can handle the 'stress'. May start heading back towards 700 kgs by mid summer - Although it's a pain in the **** putting all them plates on. And then taking them off again (I need a Helper).

Box Bar Pull Ups with The Monkey Hand Grip

Loop your hand monkey style. Larry Scott (you google if interested?) style. Engage your Lats first with tension.

"Snake in the Eagle's Shadow?"

x 6 (plus 5 sec static hold at the top and a 5 second neg descent)

Might start adding weight again to the Pull Up.

100 pound plus bag. About 25 minutes of continuous bangbang. No mitts. Make sure you keep fist integrity and no crimping!

Fast hands as 3, 5, 7 punch combinations (working up to 7 per second). Easier to do on a bag than pads. Some elbows particularly diagonal upwards Sok Sab and 'Hacksaws' - Grinding arm.

Sets of continuous roundhouses. Making sure it get goodly hip into it.

My roundhouses are getting better (more) - Although I ran out of puff and did what I could towards the end.

2 sets of 7 Kuching Roundhouses from the deck to cut the bag in two as a finisher. Some floor to ceiling ball just for the zing.

Stretch out and some Chocolate Milk (I detect magical powers now) and Chocolate Protein Bar (as long as it's chocolate I'm in)

This week coming up I might sneak in some olde Timey Strongmen Squat Press (NOT Squat and Press), might also crank some Sots Presses out too. If I'm gonna be Squatting and Pressing.

And I'm gonna start factoring in some Bent Press again - Not done these for 3 years so 'just get out of way'...:Angel:

Hmmm Cawl Cennin (Proper Welsh Grub) :) Good eating y'all

12. SoKKlab

Smells Like Rain

Went to see a coupla Martial classes last week or so.

A Crazy Jitsu mix that was a tad too idealistic for my liking - All they needed was catching blades being thrown at em and they'd possess the whole suite...

Saw a Combat KraMag class last week - Definitely too Hulk Smash for my liking. The answer to all is boot 'em in the nads. Still nice combat pyjamas and all that.

Went to a show n tell for Kado Systema - Not my thing. I don't think I'll be able to be that 'loose'. The Kado style is a bit less 'esoteric' than the Rabko system.

The rolling and floor motioning was awesome though. And some of the anti-weapons work was grand. Enjoyable but not really 'me'.

Weightswise this week coming up I'm gonna sneak in some olde Timey Strongmen Squat Press (NOT Squat and Press).

Motion Under Weight - Where the weight stays pretty much in the same place. And you drop beneath it. Without pressing it - Sounds Sci-Fi but is simpler than you might think.

Might also crank some Sots Presses out too. Long time since I did any Presses from the bottom of the Squat position. Strangely doesn't make my shoulders feel like lakes of acid.

Reintroducing a few Power Cleans and High Pulls - So far so shoulders.

And I'm gonna start factoring in some Bent Press again. I'll let you know how this goes. All I can say at this point is "Look out Below" :)

Be at one with the Barbell Grasshopper :hat:

13. SoKKlab

My New Training Regime

"Some People Just Choose Oblivion, Don't They?"

Attached Files:

14. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Ooooo, Glenn's 'exciting' vodka... Terrible stuff! Has that really been your post workout drink instead of chocolate milk? Explains why there have been no magical powers until recently :rolleyes:

15. SoKKlab

Yes that's my secret.

Squats and vodka. The cheaper and nastier the better.

Actually it's been vanilla milk for the win for the last few seshs.

I'm not meant to consume cow dairy. But I like to play fast and loose - but not my bowels :D

16. SoKKlab

I will be Deadlifting Later Today and this is what goes through my head:

"The Lamentation of Their Women"...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkSFIWzi7aA"]What Is Best In Life. - YouTube[/ame]

17. SoKKlab

Big Leggy's Return

Monday 3rd March 2014

Aka 'The Jane Fonda Workout'

1 hr of weights, 20 mins bagwork etc at the end. No supps, no slips, no all in one leotards. Keep it to 1 hour no more.

Apparently I put on 9 pounds in the last 2 weeks. And now weigh 16 stone 5 pounds - about 104 kilos or 229 pounds - It's them Deads and Zerchers man I tell you. Oh and the brown rice.

I'm not training to failure on any set. I don't take any supps etc steak, eggs, cottage cheese (goats) and sauerkraut.

Well it's your choice. Do you start with Deads or Squats?

Deadlifts

Remember how I'm:

Maxi Set to start -

40kg x 6 80 kg x 6 120 kg x 6 (All Snatch Grip for Back like Deck of Aircraft Carrier)

(Yeah I said I'd stop doing these (a few times now and took no notice!)...As a continuous 'up through the gears' - Slap more weight on and go again...All standard position and double ohand)

125 kg x 4 (Snatch Width Grip Double Ohand Normal Stance)
    165 kg x 4 (Sumos Mixed Grip and Liquid Chalk from here)
    195 kg x 4 (Normal stance Mixed Grip Chalk - Grip Enduro better)
    210 kgs x 3 (ditto) (purposely stopped at where my cycle says to - Good Lad)

Too much settage and reppage. Grip enduro getting better (slowly). I really need to stop doing the continuous set at the beginning. It means I'm doing about 9 sets in total.

Back Squats - Strong Back Required

Felt energised here. Good coffee helped.

70 kgs x 8 (pausation)
    130 kgs x 5 (ditto)
    160 kgs x 4 (ditto)
    180 kgs x 3
    205 kgs x 3 (About 80% of my current 1RM)

Gladly my - again - back was surprisingly solid (90.217%). Just don't push it...

I do bar hangs in between my dead and squats sets. I might start adding a bit more weight to back squats again. And heading back towards higher ground. As my back (thankfully) feels solid (thank Zerchers for that).

Zercher Squats

Okay I'm going a little loopy for Zerchers at the mo.

70 kgs x 8
    100 kgs x 7
    120 kgs x 6
    140 kgs x 3

Really knackered at this point. As the 1 hour mark hits...Phew

Bagwork, Floor 2 Ceiling Ball etc - about 20 mins

Softer 60 pound bag first for Fast hands, elbows and good stepping.

Heftier 100 lb'er started with Kuching Roundhouses 2 sets of 7 from the deck (Genius!). Roundhouses Kicks - better - Sets of 7's and 6's both sides.

Elbows (sok sab - diagonal upwards and sok tad - cutting elbow) combined with hacksaws - percussion slaps (grinding arms) - The Pincer Principle in full effect.

Some axe knee, rising knee, jumping and springing knee (take flight...). Max power in the axe knees.

Stretch out, no fat conjugated milk malarkey and a chitty-chat. Nice.

Shot a coupla really basic talking head clips for my Strength Power etc channel on the uchubes.

18. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Do you mind linking your uchube channel?

19. SoKKlab

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuscleVoodoo

Awww bless your heart. Your kindness to the mentally ill will be much repaid.

Okay. These clips are real basic. And I know I got a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. But bear with.

I couldn't get anyone to help me get started. So I just started shooting occasional stuff. I can't find some of the other clips I shot (!...Idiot, will need to find 'em).

The Channel is "Muscle Voodoo":

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuscleVoodoo

Here's the first two I uploaded:

1st Clip is "Most Amazingly Simple Weightlifting System for Huge Strength Gains" (Basic Grimek/ Reg Park etc Beginner's system) - Answering a dude in Colombia who is confuzzled about how to keep consistency.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQUZ3bxbv60"]"Muscle Voodoo": "Amazingly Simple Weightlifting System for Base Strength and Power" - YouTube[/ame]

2nd Clip is "Get Huge Strength Gains. Most Effective 5 x 5 Weightlifting System" (Grimek, Park, Rippetoe etc) - Answering a guy doing MMA training

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63losI22Jk"]"Muscle Voodoo" - Get Huge Strength Gains. Most Effective 5 x 5 Weightlifting System - YouTube[/ame]

I fulfilled my Reithian Remit with these. I'm just gonna shoot a new clip each week or so from now on. Not exactly top-flight studio quality. But you know, why put off doing stuff just cos it's not perfect?

Thanks for your interest Zaad and anyone else who tales the time to watch the clips (all the way through mind, they get better as they go on (well they surely couldn't get any worse?) ...:) )

20. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Sub'd!