why train in ninujtsu?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by MustangFa1con, May 28, 2003.

1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I say check it out. See how comfortable you are with the instructor. See how the instructor interacts with the other students, is it formal or informal? What's stressed most, form/technique or concept/idea? Since the instructor's name isn't posted, it's not easy to verify their claims. But, if s/he has trained with Hatsumi, then you are getting the real deal.

2. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy New Member

ok, cool, i'll check it out, my dad works at the university anyway so I will be able to get there easily so I hope the classes are good.

3. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

Hello Kurohana,

Thanks for the kind words. I will try and stay tuned to this board, and offer any help I can.

Bufu Ikkan
    Sensei Steve Lefebvre

www.Sayoc.com
    www.Bujinkandojo.net

4. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Sorry I never got a chance to reply on this thread during the week. I just now got back. After 14 hours of training last weekend over the course of a two day seminar with Charles Daniel, which was phenomenal, I decided to take a trip to Florida from Tuesday 'til today, Saturday. Okay, so the trip has been planned snce last year, but it was definitely more appreciated after last weekend. But yes, I am back now. My name's Josh for those who don't know and I'm yet another practitioner of ninjutsu who is willing to share his limited knowledge of our art with another who so wishes it. For now, I'm off. Have a great night, all.

5. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy New Member

bah, stupid Athletics Union, I won't be able to atend the Ninjustu classes at http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/~au/clubs/ninjutsu.php afterall cus it's for University Of Nottingham Student Union members only. And thats the only decent looking class I could find in my area. :( guess I wont be Ninjutu afterall cus I need something near by, I don't have the money or the time to travel too far for classes because of my collage course.

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

This is not Ninjustu by a long way but if you want good quality practical martial arts training in Nottingham go here...

www.reactcrosstraining.co.uk

7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Welcome back Josh, did you have fun? Still have to wait at least 2-3 weeks before I can go back to training. Knee should be okay by then. It had better be ready by August, I'm going for one day of training at the Tai Kai.

8. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Thanks, Brad. Glad to be back. Seminar last weekend was a blast. If anyone ever has the opportunity to train with Charles, I highly recommend it. He's trained in countless other arts and has such a vast amount of knowledge. Florida was also wonderful. If I could have, I would have stayed another week just to get to train in that weather. It was fantastic. Oh, and Brad, I'm hoping to show up at the Tai Kai myself if at all possible. Hopefully I'll see you there. It would be really great so long as everything, espeially the funds, work out alright. I'm off for now. Still exhausted from my trip so until later. Have a great night.

9. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy New Member

Thanks YODA

thanks YODA, I have had a good look at www.reactcrosstraining.co.uk, it looks like quite a good place and I might take up both Tai Chi Chuan and Aikido there as well as the Muay Thai that I am doing at the moment.

10. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy New Member

Hmm, unfortunatly I mis-judged the distance it is away from me, it's at least an hour and a half each way. This is realy hard, I can't go there because it's too far away, I can't go to the University Of Nottingham to do Ninjutsu because I have to be a member, it takes the p!ss, I realy realy want to do a good martial art with good teachers that is focused on actualy being able to defend yourself in a street situation rather than the **** that you tend to get in all the places round here which are focused on getting that oh so over-rated black belt. I am gonna end up having to give up and just carry on Thai Boxing, so bl00dy depressing. :'(

I am not after the sports oriented martial arts schools that are around, I am interested in every aspect of martial arts, including the spiritual side of it etc... but none of the schools teach like that :(

Last edited: Jun 5, 2003
  11. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

Mustang Falcon:

What is the name of the Shaolin kempo school in your area?

12. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy New Member

nm....

Last edited: Jun 6, 2003