Why some Yang TaiChi schools might look external

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by soggycat, Jun 15, 2005.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Mindless Boxing

Mindless boxing gas a nice ring to it :D

:) Today in The Sun Newspaper pg29 05/06/05

"Professor:Secret of great soccer is... DON'T THINK (Must be why Rooney is such a superstar)

I qoute "Mindlessness is a good quality for a striker and good decisions have nothing to do with intelligence, which is why players like wayne Rooney show so much genius on the pitch. He is said to be a prime example because he plays instinctively without using brainpower" -Proffessor Oliver Hoener, University of Mains in Germany

Is that why the scots like their taiji so much?
    Of course I mean their geniuses :D
    Shame about the football though :eek:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  2. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Actually I have thought a lot about this thread and others this weekend and I am deeply unhappy about it all.
    I don't want to fight anybody anymore - verbally or physically - I do not like what I am becoming and the way I have been behaving, so I will do my best to stop it here. I do not promise to be perfect, but I know I have gone way off track and that is my shame, my responsibility and my problem to resolve.
    I will be dedicating myself to training and cultivation rather than being drawn into this stuff from here on in. I don't know how much I want to be around these discussions anymore, but we'll see.
    And PLEASE... calling a woman a 'slut' is way below the behaviour of genuine warriors imo - deeply offensive and totally unecessary - we are all forgetting ourselves in this morass of emotion and opinions perhaps? Shame on us.
    I expect to be criticised for this post btw but I have determined to get back on track regardless of other's opinions
    I have a huge amount to say, but in my new set of priorities getting more sleep and getting up early enough to train and cultivate becomes the priority!
    Peace
    :Angel:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  3. moononthewater

moononthewater Valued Member

I can understand why you are saying what you are saying but sometimes things have to be said and to be honest i would go along with most of what you have said. The whole point of these forums is to say what you feel is your belief and to fight for your corner. I would not reproach yourself for anything you have said. Sadly there are wind up merchants also in here who think they know best you are just trying to help educate them. In any case you put it much better than i could so you save me alot of typing :)

4. Taiji Butterfly

Thanks Moon - it's a difficult road. I'm not stepping off it, just getting a better sense of direction :cool:

5. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Thats good to read TB... whilst we may not agree on all paths I respect your "voice"... take care matey...

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

^ likewise

that's an interesting term, come to think of it.
    The path we tread, can only make sense to us, for no one can take our shoes and expect them to fit!
    We can still share the scenery though.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  7. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

Sluts...

Men can be sluts too... I think I fit the bill. I only said I liked them because Soggy made some ridiculous analogy about how "sluts outnumber virgins." I didn't mean to sound misogynistic.

8. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

^likewise :eek:

9. Taiji Butterfly

sorry if I sound snotty lol
    I'm not just being PC or a prude, I think it's also about self-respect :) just wanted to say that - let's drop it and move on lol
    :Angel:

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

dropped and kicked into touch :)