Why Karate will get you killed in self defense

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Isaiah90, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No you didn't

Seriously, I mean it. The above statement is a flat out lie

I don't visit MAP much these days, as I have other irons in the fire, but someone suggested I look in...I will deal with them later of course.

I am not even going to try and candy coat this - you literally have no clue. Either conceptually or physically.

Your techniques are abysmal, your ideas half-baked, and your inability to actually perceive how much you do not know would be admirable were you not shilling some of the worst performances this side of Choriok.

Under normal circumstances I would flag troll, but you have uploaded lots of *ahem* "content" and played WAY too long a game to not be taking yourself seriously.

Stop what you are doing and actually go train - take that enthusiasm and channel into learning something...it's not too late

Thomas, Anth and axelb like this.
  2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

#Asinine

Hannibal likes this.
  3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

No, no you would not have knocked him out. No offense, but I have seen your videos. You need power generation to knock someone out. Frankly, you don't know the basics of power generation. That won't show in a no contact match.

Likewise, you don't know he didn't step back enough to avoid your kick to his groin. Because it was a no contact match. Evasion like this is a valid technique.

I would recommend you find a place to put this energy into training. I suspect this will fall on deaf ears though.

axelb and Hannibal like this.
  4. Isaiah90

Isaiah90 Member

I can't take you seriously after looking at your profile pic, your name, and your slogan "Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War." You're in the wrong forum. Why don't you go (personal insult that was not family friendly deleted)?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
  5. Isaiah90

Isaiah90 Member

Karate will get you killed because it promotes the fantasy you'll have time to take deep breaths and warm up before getting in a Karate stance to fight your opponent. It conditions you to assume you're going to be in an unarmed fight. If it teaches how to defend against multiple opponents, it's a choreographed dance.

6. Isaiah90

Isaiah90 Member

If the "power generation" you're talking about is sinking a fantasy chi power down your beer gut, i don't need your hocus-pocus theatrics.

7. Hannibal

Oh no....someone with rapier like subtlety has chosen to launch a scurrilous attack upon my good name....how ever will I cope?

I need not get into a resume comparing competition with anyone...I'm a bit past that. ...but it's interesting you focus on (weak) insults because you have no actual riposte beyond that

Let's be honest here...you have neither the skill, training or experience to be offering advice on anything, so it's unsurprising you would be responding in that way.

What I DO find surprising is how little you seem to understand your targets....most people who are pretending to offer self-protection advice tend to pay lip service to situational awareness and not going in blindly....you maybe want to ponder on that before the next response.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
    aaradia and axelb like this.
  8. Hannibal

You hush or I will start mentioning archery again....

9. aaradia

Mod Note: Isaiah, personal insults are not allowed. Also, this is a family friendly forum.

This thread is locked pending Mod Discussion.

axelb likes this.
  10. aaradia

Mod note: Thread re-opened for now....................

Also, (especially for when someone comes off the naughty step.) Further personal insults & agenda trolling will result in more moderator actions than have already been taken.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

2 minutes... Im off to tell Bas Rutten/GSP/Wonderboy/The Machidas that theyre learning rubbish.

BRB Im sure I can take 'em.

axelb, Hannibal, hewho and 2 others like this.
  12. Hannibal

Too far to go mate...go tell Terry O'Neil instead

axelb and Travess like this.
  13. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

even at his age now , I’m pretty confident he’d kill me :D

axelb, Travess and Hannibal like this.
  14. Hannibal

I'm pretty sure he would kill most!!!

bassai likes this.
  15. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

The closest I’ve got to his level is doing a course with Ron Christopher , and more recently Eugine Codrington , both left me speechless.

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Awareness, mindset, technique pretty much sums up Karate. As far as weapons, a human being is the greatest living weapon on Earth in most environments, except maybe space and the deepest sea. A human who trains Karate is even more dangerous.

I can see you were banned before we even began, but I'm summarize with this: I disagree with practically everything you said about Karate.

#shrug

17. jmf552

jmf552 Member

No martial art prepares you to handle violence. Read books by Rory Miller, Tim Larkin and Varg Freeborn to find out why in no uncertain terms. Dealing with real violence is 80% mental and you don't learn that in class. You only learn the 20%, the techniques. That doesn't mean martial arts are useless. You still need the techniques. But without the mental aspects, any martial art can get you killed. And the mental aspects are a much deeper topic that most people realize.

18. Ero-Sennin

Pshhhhh, none of those guys are legitimate. Why would you even bring them up here? Also the people I follow often say things are anywhere from 75% to 96.529% mental depending on the intensity of the situation. Where are you getting this solid 80% number? Also only 20% techniques? What percentage do you have for physical fitness?!

Please share these mental aspects you can't learn in class though. I want to see how they compare with my training and percentage ratios involving mental aspects. Mental aspects are important, but were all lost unless you define the mental aspects you're talking about.

19. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Its just the mania for the 80/20 Pareto Principle, which seem to be bolted onto everything in order to be easily explained, without doing any actual statistical analysis, despite Vilfredo Pareto himself cautioning into taking his ideas beyond the realm of economics.

Ever since the Red Pillers/Incels got hold of it to explain "80% of women only date 20% of men" from some (flawed) dating app research, now it gets smeared across every other comment across the web as some sort of 'common sense' truth when trying to explain everything from Bitcoin economics to the ratio of urinating/defacating when going to the toilet.

20. Ero-Sennin

I think it's just the Defecate Principle, where to make a point you just let crap flow from your mouth (fingers in this case). xD