why I love qigong

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Taiji_Lou, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    It's like someone holds a gun to your head and forces you to embarrass youself publicly every day! Seriously step back from keyboard and replace novelty items to infant conveyance.

The Bear.

2. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

But there not really chicks right? There internet chicks.....like the "women" I "talk" to in chat rooms.....right?

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Ooooohh! You're on your own there matey. I'm not brave enough

4. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

Emphasis totally mine.

I made my point and didn't intend to say more, but clearly, I didn't make it well enough.

Let's try this: Lou is not being an asshat. He's not a raving lunatic. He just wants to talk about chi. He does not want to be diverted on to other subjects. He does not want the subject picked apart logically. He wants to talk about chi.

I could be wrong, of course! :D

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

But to your highlighted points.......everyone here has AS.

Long boring monologes indeed. Have you been in chat with MOI?

6. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Yeah, this one little thread was for ch'i.

Who's got something new and interesting to say?

7. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Let's talk about Chi baby, Let's talk about Lou and Tai Chi,
    Let's talk about all the proof and all the evidence logically,
    Let's talk about Chi.

Sorry, I couldn't resist that, it just popped into my head. :cool:

Seriously though, what kind of discussion is it when no one discusses, only agrees and nods sycophanticaly? It would be impossible not to pick apart comments that state that something is real because that person has felt/experienced it when there is no evidence to back up such a claim.

8. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Laughter is good for the soul, but don't give yourself a stroke there, big guy.

This is just another flame. See? nothing new to say. same old crapola.

how about since you're in a thread entitled "Why I love qigong, you share a qigong experience or just live and let live? It obviously doesn't concern you, o learned one. I know that you're probably very good at your art. You're obviously intelligent.

So why waste your own time? Either share an experience, talk about an asana, relate an offhand insight, or just leave it alone!

Because this is a MA website, and being that ch'i is part of the whole package I'd like SOMEONE to say something regarding it's cultivation, refinement and use!

9. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Lets get one thing very clear. You beat A black belt.

Not all black belts are created equally.

10. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Okay. That's true.

Let's pick it apart, though.

I obviously hold the title of "black belt" to such a high esteem that I would be proud to have achieved something like solidly trouncing a competant young black belt.

since you are martially ept, let's explore this further. let's talk about those lumberjacks. they are what my brother calls "non engagable combatants". Like gorillas are non engagable combatants. that's why we have weight classes.

I'm 190 pounds, and it's very little body fat. I know grapples, blocks, and strikes. I'm very flexible. I know a whole bunch of techniques. some I even learned from the internet! go figure. others, like the bjj i picked up, was learned from my landlord who actually went to a MMA gym for a long time and fought in local octagon bouts.

I've also beaten 2 united states soldiers. one of them being my brother, and the other an afganistan war veteran named James. I'm super proud of that.

That's why I do tai chi! That's why ch'i is the subject of this thread. There are MAD people (such as another army buddy, Sgt. Sean gilmore, aka the neighborhood kid who used to sleep at our house almost every night) who could eat my internal organs.

Fighting is for dogs and desperate people! this thread isn't concerned with fighting! I'll respectfully approach a judo thread for that subject.

now let's talk internal energy! I'm so SICK of the bickering on this site.

11. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

Heres a question, does ANYONE other than taiji, beleive in chi? Anyone that attends this forum. If you do PLEASE say something.

12. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

In Japanese the word KI is used and in my opnion misunderstood and mystified.

The word Ki can be understood as attitude or in martial arts fighting spirit.If you feel and execute confidently with a strong fighting spirit..this is strong "KI"

If you have a weak or angry attiude this is "KI" unbalanced and therefore not as effective as one who can "control" and use the proper attitude and fighting spirit.

It is when some people use the terms ki and chi to promote a "spiritually" superior approach to martial arts that trouble ensues.

13. Moi

It's contagious you know?

Edit: that song is stuck in my head now. Damn you Salt'n'Pepper:mad:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  14. Simon

Lets pick your post to bits then.
    Too many people attach either training/teaching troops or beating troops as some kind of proof or prowess. Troops shoot you from a distance. Not many are any good nowdays at hand to hand combat. They do get tought a bit, but not much.

Taiji Lou. A dog and a desperate person. Your words not mine.

You are creating the bickering, not us.

Carrry on. :)

15. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

...............HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....AHAHAHAHAHA. Phew Ok, turns out I was on the beach to without a shirt (my paleness was a little bright but meh). A truly dangerous community of 17 olds with black belts? Sounds like someone went to a McDojo. So you are admitting to beating up a minor? Well done. I don't think anyone here has tried to state how dangerous they are. (except moi he is one bad ass mo fo).

PS: This is what makes us laugh at you.

PPS: Your new picture still makes you look like a pedo creeper :):)

16. Rebo Paing

Rebo Paing Pigs and fishes ...

Stupid generalisation. BTW ... effective hand to hand combat technique is always simple ... on purpose.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  17. Simon

Accurate description I think you will find.

Hand to hand combat is simple, does not mean troops are given enough time to perfect it does it.

Do they even need to nowdays, probably not.

18. Rebo Paing

Rebo Paing Pigs and fishes ...

As I thought. A hairy palmed spruiker. All garbage and no fact. :rolleyes:

19. Moi

What have I said? I'm just trying to get the guy into bed. From the look of his new photo that may be a one way trip but the danger should add to the excitement,

20. Simon

As has been said before, if you need to resort to name calling it is a sign you have lost the arguement.

What happened to discussion. Please, what is the hypothesis for your arguement?

You do not know me, you have not met or trained with me, you have no idea of my background so stop the stupidity and give a reason for your counter claim.

In the western world hand to hand combat is not so necessary as fighting is done with aircraft, mines, guns, helicoptors and the like, sure if you live in the jungle then combat will be different.

Your part of the world is different to mine, your army probably trains differently, your guys may not have acess to the latest cutting edge military hardware, so hand to hand combat may be a higher priority, so if this is the case I would accept your arguement.

Please stop the name calling, it makes you look foolish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.