Why Do You Study Martial Arts?

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by BentMonk, Apr 9, 2007.

?

Why Do You Study Martial Arts?

1. Physical Improvement

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Fighting Ability

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Mental Improvement

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Other

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

Sounds spot on to me. :)

2. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

not into anything else, never have been never will be . my heart is in training from an early age :D

3. feijao_cbla

feijao_cbla Valued Member

focus, my son, focus

I chose other because I train for all of those reasons and more.

I was actually introduced at a young age to Karate and Senuces Ryu ju jitsu at a young age. It helped me stay out of trouble and in shape. I continue to train now because I want to be better, faster and stronger. I want my children to be able to look up to me and be proud.

I also train capoeira partially as a link to my ancesters who were enslaved and died so that I can live the way I do today. Out of respect and honor for my own people to prepetuate our culture.

And to kick butt and look good doing it.

Hahaha :D

4. MA_Angel

MA_Angel New Member

I chose "Mental Improvement" because in a spiritual sense when I was young, I felt as though there was something missing in my life in terms of being able to do something to challenge my mind from time to time. I really enjoy how Martial Arts has taught me how to keep improving my self awareness and things like that.

5. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

Hmm......anger managment(mental), fun (mental), physical activity, and actually learning something about combat is a plus too.

6. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I get to wear snazzy Kung Fu Pajamas, make big circular motions in the air, and speak in Ancient tongues of the Chinese empire.

What more could a man (or woman) ask for?

7. TM77

TM77 Valued Member

All of the above.

8. Mr_Miyagi

Mr_Miyagi New Member

initially to defend myself after being attacked; later for personal development reasons, and health...

9. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

physical imrovment

i know i can handle myself in most situations but wanted to get a little fitter and stronger and learn somthing at the same time not just run or push weights so here i am doing just that :yeleyes:

jamie

10. Joshua Powell

Joshua Powell A white knight

I would deffinitely say other. Before when I started training in the martial arts it was for physical improvement, it really helped, but I feel that at this time I am at the point where I can do most physical things on my own. One of the rules that the martial arts that I teach and train in is "we only fight to protect our lives and the lives of others" and that's why I train in the martial arts, is to learn how to protect people.