why do people seem to hate wing chun???

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by airweaver, Jan 2, 2008.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

You must be joking.
    Luckily with such silly and misinformed oppinions such as yours the part of the population that actually has their mental faculties is at no risk from actually running the risk of taking you even the slightest bit seriously. :p

2. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

And with that image I ask thee.......''what did the five fingers say to the face??!!''

Boo yAA!! :p

3. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

You have got to be trolling. Your like every bad cliche collected into one.

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

This post sucks. You are terribly hypocritical. You talk about how respectful of other arts are, but then you get in here like a bull in a china shop, trashing MMA and the sporting arts. You represent yourself as a disrespectful person with no regard for other peoples arts.

If you knew your ass from your elbow, you'd realize that there are weight classes in all combat sports. Additionally, there are people training in modern methods all the way from rank, non-competing amateurs all the way up to full time pro athletes. The fact of the matter is that there is no one. Read here. NO ONE in WC training as hard as the top pros in MMA, wrestling, boxing, and Muay Thai.

I'd wager your training is more akin to playing patty cakes and navel gazing then actually learning how to fight.

You are right on one point though - Martial Arts are different from fighting. That is why I quit doing martial arts, and went down to the local fight gym and started learning how to fight.

I've got about 5 years experience in southern CMA: Wuzuquan, SPM, and a little bit of Wing Chun and I can tell you without a doubt that you are totally clueless. If you really think that the sporting arts are unusable in a real situation, I pass through Louisville several times a year on the way to visit relatives. I'd be happy to show up at your school during one of these trips. If you've got a good student who is at my experience level (5-7 years) I'll be happy to spar him under any rules and any contact level.

My weight is ~195 at the moment.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm going to have to disagree too here. MMA=not applicable on the streets wing chun= applicable on the streets?

And I just started MMA and the people there appear to be just as respectful and decent as the people in the kung fu club I attend. People seem to make really bad stereotypes about MMA. I'll be amused to become one of those stereotypes if I continue attending MMA classes :D

6. Sarge

Sarge Wing Chun / MMA

Thank you all who replied for proving my point. If you would like to test your theories, feel free to stop and visit us In Lousville, ky. Enlighten us. We value and welcome all comers to come share their experience.

This line of argument is a waste of everyones time. You have the right to your own opinion, and that's all it is. So keep blowing it around like it's truth when it means nothing except the spreading of BS. The kiddie comments coming forth are a true inspiration for all of us that graduated high school. A smart mouth isn't a sign of martial growth, and neither is blind prejudice.

7. Slindsay

Eyes wide open here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05RzWrSRngc"]YouTube[/ame]

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/536/cat/523

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH13kYFzfFk"]Kyokushin Karate vs Wing Chun - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMjCgmSPw90"]YouTube[/ame]

8. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

Some deep personal issues there...

9. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

LOL! You are funny, I'll give you that much!

10. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

OK OK, I give in!

Well done Sarge - I now officially hate wing chun.

:ban: :woo: :D

11. Slindsay

You now need to double leg then ground and pound yourself.

12. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

I was always pounding myself but so much since I've been married.

As for the self DL... THAT's what that last move in biu gee is for!!! :D

13. deida79

deida79 New Member

Haha... if you think all WC schools will be like that video you boys are in for a surprise

14. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Thank god . . . you must have signed up just to ressurect this dead monster.

15. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

haha! you took the words right out of my mouth!