Why Aren't You At Work?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Peaceful Tiger, May 12, 2005.

1. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

I've noticed a lot of guy's and girl's from the UK seem to post during the daytime and my question is....

Are you self-employed, skiving off work, posting during coffee-break/ lunch-break or are you simply using the work-places computer without letting the boss know?
    I'm just curious.
    Me, I get bags of time off anyway, so that's my excuse. :D

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Semi Skiving, my job involves dead spells at odd hours of the day so I check and post then

3. soggybottom boy

soggybottom boy Valued Member

My life is one big holiday :cool:

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I work stupid hours (a couple of evenings/ nights and weekends) so I have a lot of free time during the day

5. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I'm the part of the IT admin :D need I say more :D

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Using the work computer without the boss knowing! :D

7. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Exam leave

8. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

normally finish by 11 am :D nice 5 hr days

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

When I'm not doing exams on patients, I'm collecting data from radiology sensors placed in certain "test" spots around the world. Then I take that data and make reports on how radioactivity moves from one location to another via water/air/physical movement through soil/sand. If theres a problem, I go and take test samples from the area. There are a few other things I do with my job that I can't really talk about, but I'm almost CONSTANTLY on the net at work. So its not a problem.

10. Kunoichi

Kunoichi Valued Member

I'm a student - only officially in uni 4 days a week (2 hours a time). I tend to skive a lot too.

11. xen

xen insanity by design

until recently i wasn't working, now i'm temping during the day and so I miss all the UK fun and only get to post in the early evening and early hours when the family commitments are taken care of.

there is a computer in the office next to the development kitchen i'm working in, and i am tempted to log-in while the chefs are out and about in meetings, but all the sever logs are monitored and i don't want to land them in it cos they're a good bunch of guys who cook me quality lunches :) :)

(i haven't bought any food for eight weeks, cos i get to eat that much in the day i'm ot hungry at night...it's great :D)

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Some one has to uphold the glorious tradition that is the dole. :eek:

13. xen

xen insanity by design

hehehe...i always viewed my time on the dole as being a 'community philosopher'

the pays lousy, but then, you manage your own schedule and take breaks from the serious business of 'working life out' when you want ;)

14. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I start at 7.30, straight onto map then again at 8, 8.30, 9 .............

Home for 12ish if my work is done!! :D :Angel:

15. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

The Joys of being IT Admin :D :D

16. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Great isn't it :D :Angel: :Angel:

17. Nick K

Nick K Sometimes a Valued Member

Post/surf when patients don't turn up.. :)

18. Kris x

Kris x :-p

They got a restraining order out on me.....:eek: :Angel:

19. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

I am unemployable.

20. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

I don't know

Well I can work but I don't..

I suppose as I'm not 'into' money and generally don't go without i'm in no rush and I really wanted to be there everyday for my daughter Tiger-Lily.

but i will in the end do something i suppose!

Gary

:)