Who's up for it?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Taiji Butterfly, Jun 20, 2005.

?

Who's up for a Tai Chi/IMA meetup in South England?

1. Yes, I'm gagging for it

51.4%
  2. No, I've got better things to do

2.9%
  3. I might be if all my mates go...

20.0%
  4. I'd rather troll online and avoid human contact...

25.7%
  1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I'll be there :)

The latest?? :eek: darned if I know :D

I think a roll call is a great idea. O guess I should do a bit of cross posting or something.

regards costs. I'd ask for a £10 donation for all those attending, including myself of course. The studio is £25 per hour. I made a 'deal' though that it would be a flat £100 whther we overun. I plan to be there a bit early for the guys who want to lead training groups etc.. I am happy to help in any way, discuss areas we can cover etc. be an uke or whatever.. general punchbag person :D

Monies collected over and above the costs will go to Amnesty. i think it means freedom, so that's pretty cool :cool:

For those wondering what will be going on. Well i imagine that we'll get round to this sort of stuff give or take.

push/live hands, dalu.
    tai chi cane/walking stick
    fighting/self defence applications both striking and grappling.
    IMA exercises :Angel:
    Hitting things (bags or people)
    Posture/form training
    paired exercises
    jin and sensitivity training
    movement and scenario/range considerations.

Ok gentlemen and ladies it's time to get the shizzle on.. power up, and let's have it! :D

Welcome to friends and family, fellow classmates, students, all Ma styles, MAP people, beginners and experienced alike. I'm even bringing my one friend along..i may even bribe and blackmail some others to get down there.

Will be sure to keep you posted with developments and random blurbage.
    regards zd

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  2. RobP

RobP Valued Member

I'm pretty much def for this one - should also be bringing James Rolph along who s a taiji / bagua guys as well as systema.

If you like I can post details on some other forums (Empty Flower?) to see if we can get a good crowd along?

cheers

Rob

3. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi Rob and All,

That's cool - I had a couple of private Bagua lessons with James last year - good guy - be nice to see him again.

All the best.

Robert.

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

That sounds great Rob

yea why not, i was going to post something at the ukbaguainstitute forum too, more the merrier :)

cheers guys

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Summary info

MAP IMA workshop/meet.

Sunday 23rd April 2006

On the cards
    Taijiquan - Systema - Baguazhan - Taiji walking stick. Maybe more.. (Secret stuff) :)

12 PM - 4 PM

Venue:

Studio One
    David Loyd Finchley
    Leisure Way,
    High Road Finchley,
    London
    N12 0QZ

http://www.davidlloydleisure.co.uk/club_zone?club_id=3
    Proceeds to go to Amnesty International, donations : £10 Adults, £5 students/under 16
    Map for venue: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Leisure+Way+N12&ll=51.604691,-0.17458&spn=0.023136,0.07287

Don't forget to bring a brolly!

6. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi 'zendog' and All,
    Just a quick clarification - I wouldn't call it Taiji walking stick - it's just "Defensive use of umbrella or walking stick" - People from a Taiji background will 'get it' but then so would people from Karate, Kung Fu, JuJitsu, etc...

So hopefully it will enable everyone to have fun and hurt each other :) :) :)

A QUESTION - How many people are planning on attending and how many can the venue hold??? Can I bring a student or two along???

All the best.

Robert.

7. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hi Rob, certainly yes, bring some students down. Venue should be good for 35-40 odd I reckon ..

free style brollie it is :)

8. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

I'll definatly be along.

If you like, I can bring some focus mitts, kick shields, punch bags etc along?? Just let me know before the day :)

9. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

I'm coming - I'll bring some extra walking sticks as well.... :cool:

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Yea that'd be good cuddly :)
    I should be able to rustle up bits an peices from the club there, but yes!

it'll be great to see y'all

I'm gonna meet my long lost twin woo-yeah!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  11. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I'll come down.. but I am curently the proud owner of an ear infection.. so please speak up.. :D

I'll also bring plenty of Chi and do an 'empty farce' demo :D

Edit: here's a map..

Attached Files:

• map.gif
      map.gif
      File size:
      92 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  12. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

Great day guys!
    A few more bodies would have been good - but if you didn't come along:
    We've learnt all the secrets!! Nurr-ne-nurr-ne-nurr-nurr!!
    :p
    Seriously, I really enjoyed it and felt I made a bunch of new friends in the process - let's do it again sometime!
    :Angel:

13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Yea it was great Tb, sharing stuff is what it's all about. Picked up something very worthwhile for sure and meeting face to face with people is so cool and so much friendlier and real than forums! :) . That nine circles was awesome mate! cheers

Big thanks to Rob P and Robertmap from all of us and the rest of you guys that came down and shared your arts and crafts. Visage has some sick kicks on him :eek: :D

Just lovely it was.

I was halfway home and realised i forgot to take a group photo to put up/share with those that came and i'd brought my camera down especially - drat! :bang:

next time for sure! and yea i thought there'd be a few more bodies too.. shame :eek:

14. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Was definatly a great day :) I hope we get to do it again soon.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in the goings on, and to those who didnt come; NER NER!!! :p

Hope to see you all again soon.

15. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi All,

Thanks to 'zendog' for organising it and thanks to everyone for making it such a fun session - I loved it all - Taiji Butterfly's punk story was GREAT - and so was his nine circles exercise - Loved Rob's Systema stuff - Tai Chi on Steroids :) :) :) - in fact everything was great.

Let's do it again real soon - but next time we all need to beat more people over the head to get a bigger turn out :)

All the best.

Robert.

16. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Defiantly a great and enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Much more productive than my usual Sunday hangover :D . Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience. Lets do it again soon!

17. sonny boy

sonny boy New Member

cool

im up for it but depending on day and where in south england

18. RobP

RobP Valued Member

Really enjoyed the day - a great atmosphere and everyone showed some good stuff. Look forward to the next one!

Cheers

Rob

19. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Shame I couldn't make it - looked like it was a good day!

20. middleway

middleway Valued Member

ditto ... sounds like you guys had a ball.

Hows about an outline of what each person covered?

Cheers
    Chris