Who's up for it?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Taiji Butterfly, Jun 20, 2005.

?

Who's up for a Tai Chi/IMA meetup in South England?

1. Yes, I'm gagging for it

51.4%
  2. No, I've got better things to do

2.9%
  3. I might be if all my mates go...

20.0%
  4. I'd rather troll online and avoid human contact...

25.7%
  1. Tseek Choi

Tseek Choi Banned Banned

hey hey!

Looks like I might just be coming along too!

cheers
    Colin..........

2. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

3. moononthewater

moononthewater Valued Member

Hi, Geo let me know when you have a date sorted Nigel sutton will be over a few times in the year and if he is over around the same time I will have a chat with him though I think he has a few trips planned all over the place this year.So I cannot say if he can do anything or not. Maybe some of his other students on the forum might try and speak to him. If he is not around maybe John Higginson might do something but when you have some dates sorted I will ask around and see who is about.

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

cheers moon, hope to see you and pete e again, and play a bit more. Didn't get a chance to do some stuff with pete e last time.

Hit a little snag with fist choice venue (other plans are in the pipeline for it, I wasn't aware of), but am making enquiries and hope to have things sorted soon.. will hold on to April 9th though as much as possible..

will post back as things happen, bear with me guys..I'll sort it..

and if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly :D

quick thanks to RobP, Middleway and Tseek choi for responses.

Shaping up nice

cheers

5. Kea

Kea New Member

Simply can't make it and hence my decision.

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

have a venue for 9th April confirmed.

from 12 noon onwards though. I'm guessin we'll be there till 4-5 pm..

I should be able to sort out some equipment, as we have a class here and there's also a karate club here. Feel free to bring stuff though.

http://www.davidlloydleisure.co.uk/site/ConfirmClubDetails.do?id=700.54.1984&clubdt=3

Studio 1. Medium size I'd say, I think 25 odd would be comfy.

can't use other facilities (unless you're member) but we can use restuarant/bar
    It is very close to the North Circular Rd. I'll post a map up next week.

The charity we'll be sponsoring for the day will be Amnesty International.
    cost is reasonable I think. I'll confer with a few others and post details shortly..

have a good one peeps :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  7. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Ak, April 9th is Dan's event in Oxford.

You could all come down to Oxford, watch some form/pushing hand etc competition and some san shou.

There will be room (as its in a big sports hall) to try push hands etc with each other and a whole day to do it in.

8. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi,

I'm interested - can I come and play????

All the best.

Robert.

9. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

you sure its not week before, or is that something else :confused:

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

totally dude!

Once we sort out our timing issues.. lots going on this year it seems! :)

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

ok looks like DD's cma festival event is on in Oxford on the 9th.. woops.

I could re arrange our date, I actually quite fancy coming up to that :eek:

I was chatting with Alex yeaterday and he's going up there with a stall, and he was open to come to our workshop/meet. He wasn't sure what date it was either!

question being later in April or earlier in March. Mid March?

??

12. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

later in April is better for me...

13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

hey guys & gals.

apologies on the delay getting back to this. Have the option of switching to 16th or 23rd .

Was made aware though that 16th is Easter Sunday.. It's ok my end though contact there is checking if club times are changed or even closed .. but I doubt it really & I don't think a later opening time will really effect us much. So.. I said I'd let contact know early next week.. let me know your thoughts please.

cheers.

14. middleway

middleway Valued Member

just realised i am in California for most of April!!!!

sorry guys looks like i will miss this one :(

next time!

Cheers
    chris

15. RobP

RobP Valued Member

Easter weekend is no good for me

cheers

Rob

16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

hello all, have confirmed the workshop for 23rd April.

Shame Chris :(, Cali sounds lovely mate, have a good one! I'm meeting with Alex regularly now, so will bring it up with him .. hopefully I may be able to confirm soon if he can attend, which would be great! Let's hope he hasn't booked any flights yet :)

So who's coming & what we doing?

Broadly speaking if we have at least a slot for each, taichi, bagua, hsing i & systema - I'll be more than happy :) & perhaps more than 1 for taichi - -of course all this is open to discussion.. The story so far ..

Rob P - Systema,
    Tseek choi, can you sort something regards hsing i ?

more to follow soon I'm sure.. plus other details of costs & things..
    ...the ball is well & truly rolling now :p

cheers

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  17. middleway

middleway Valued Member

Geo,

Yeh its a shame. Glad your visiting Alex alot now. Get as much as you can before he goes home....!!!

Maybe you could get him to do Ba Gua or Xing Yi there ... He's not bad at those ... ;). If he could bring some books n stuff sure he would agree

cheers
    Chris

18. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hey again Robert I was thinking..(!!soundthesirens!!) would you do a walking stick/ cane thingy for us. That would be great. Have always fancied a bit of that myself.

I mean who doesn't wanna a be the cool old biddy bod having the most fun in the old peeps home. or out looking for muggers :D

I hear some changes are in the pipeline regards swords.. I guess I'll be shopping in my local DIY store then. I fancy me perhaps a nice chainsaw. :eek:

Keep your eyes peeled guys, coming to a town near you soon: taichi chainsaw form. No scratch that I'll just make a super duper DVD.

Good Morning! :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  19. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Hello again .. as you can see I have a new monicker next to my lovely mug . . but you guyz can all call me dogchops if you like .

now,, I had to sit on robertmap for a good half hour tickling him silly, but he subbed in the end ..

He's gonna show some neat brolly tricks, so have em' handy or bring some sticks/canes if you like.

6 weeks to go !!

regards

ps. don't forget to play nice fellas .. or it's clunk click .

Richard you must be setting records allover mate ..
    Message tranceived from jedi H/Q last night @ 22:22 PM :

Please tell Mr. Richard Dunn Esq. to lay off the jedi power clips for a while, earthbound captives are not ready yet. They are being worked on subtly without their knowledge. Repeated exposure to the secrets of the force will only jeopordise the masterplan. zendog has been annointed to broadcast only - he is just a dumb dog after all..

:rolleyes: cheeky sods; I should send back my lightsaber straight away. Can you believe it £139.99 and it doesn't even have a safety !

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  20. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi All,

Just checking in - What's the latest...

I'll be there - I'll bring a couple of spare umbrellas or sticks but please bring your own umbrella (almost any size is OK) or walking stick.

Who else is confirmed???

All the best.

Robert.