Whoa,nice crowd here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Zealot, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

Hi,MAPers.Zealot here.I just stumbled onto this here forum.Looks pretty good.I also have membership at another MAists' Forum and I've met some members over there in real life.Maybe I'll tap fists with some of Yooz someday.
    I'm from Boston.I started martial arts at age 20,but didn't get any good until I was about 35!As an aimless kid I stumbled aroundd with tai Chi and Ninjutsu,but took an interest to Monkey Style later on.Monkey is hard to trin in,mostly for me because no one teaches it around here.
    I've settled into Silat recently.I train with the Sityodtong Somerville Academy under Mark Delagrotte,who trained on of the contestants from the first season of The Ultimate Fighter.
    I'm also learning Kali.I collect training vids of Silat(open to suggestions).
    I'm directing and starring in my own martial arts film.If you like "The Matrix",maybe I can give you something to watch on a Saturday night. :cool:

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Welcome to MAP..

Ah another martial artists directing and starring in his own film!

Get in line. :D

There are quite a few Silat practictioners here on MAP. So you should have no shortage of people to bounce ideas of off.

Make yourself at home.!

3. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hiya Zealot

Have you noticed the Event Promotion Forum? We have a meet coming up next year in New York - perhaps you can meet up with a few members then?

As slip has already mentioned we have a well developed FMA forum so I hope you enjoy that and all the sections of the forum - check out the calendar and clubs section.

:)

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hi Zealot, welcome to MAP :)

5. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

Who else is making their own film here?Have you seen "the Purifiers"?It's a film with Dominic Monaghan from "Lost" and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.It was filmed in Australia.
    As for the Meetup next year,I already posted that I can make it.