Who won?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Paratus, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

I was watching the olympic basketball game between the US and Lithuania. I had to go with about a minute left in the game (evil work :woo: ) Looks like Lithuania was gonna pull through. Anyone know what happened?

2. Tika

Tika New Member

The US squandered their 10 point first half lead and lost 94 to 90.... they need to start going back to non-pros for BBall... There are different rules, the NBA guys arent gonna cut it when we put out five one on one type players.

3. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

I don't know about not using pros....remember the 'dream team' from back in the day? Michael Jordan, Scotty Pipen, Charles Barkley, etc. all on the same team...ahhhh...those were the days :D

4. Tika

Tika New Member

That was a very different team. They knew how to take outside shots... A lot of the team this year are drive the hoop types... Thats why lithuania dominated them...especially with their three point shooting ability... We would be better off with a college group, and I think it would be more fun to watch too...

5. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

definitely, those were the days. it was simply beautiful to watch them play :)

6. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

the problem is the team this year is a bunch of young squirts and its not representing their country to them, its a slam dunk contest and a photo op.

7. Tika

Tika New Member

Yes, for the most part. And most of them are being pricks. But some are not... I feel bad for them because they have to deal with the shadow that the rest of the group is casting over the team. I just hope theyre learning from the experience. They seem to be moving the ball more, Im surprised they did so well against lituania in the first half.

8. Wesker

Wesker Professional Lurker

Maybe someone should pay the US team? They're used to making big bucks. Playing for free is probably messing with their egos.

9. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

They get payed enough as it is. I can never hope to make such money. Hell, I'd go to the Olympics for free. Their egos need to be messed with if they need to get payed to do something.

PL