Who trains with the Kerambit regularly here?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by pakarilusi, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Was in a remote mountainous region in Asia, and had a run-in with some of the locals at a bar (my colleague's fault unfortunately - he objected to the way one of them spoke to a woman and decided to get involved, fists-first. Whichever way you spin it, we definitely weren't the good guys in this situation). Things escalated rapidly, and one of them tried to draw a weapon - which made perfect sense really, since i was twice the size of the locals and was having no problems making short work of them. He fumbled the draw, i didn't fumble mine, and having a nasty looking claw-shaped blade against his neck suddenly made him think a lot more clearly when i suggested we all part company in different directions.

I learned two things from this:-

1. Forget nifty entry techniques and finishes: If you're slow on the draw, you won't be in a position to use them.

2. Taking a dump and an Immodium before going out was a really good idea.

2. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Nice, great you're okay... ;)

3. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

Wow, I just learned kerambit techniques using the feet!

Yup, you read that right, the kerambit is on the foot! :)

4. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

If you are wondering why, it's for that extra appendage that cuts.

Most wouldn't think their enemies feet can cut, just like I didn't.

Wow, surprising techniques... :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  5. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

Although using the kerambit using the feet can be nice, I would consider them fancy but unusable techniques, unless you live in an environment where you walk barefoot all day. I did see an indian style that had knives integrated in the shoes....that might come in handy :)

6. shootodog

shootodog restless native

My exposure to this weapon is rather limited. I have a few just gathering dust in my weapon bag. I still cannot get comfortable wielding them as much as I do with conventional knives.

7. pakarilusi

pakarilusi Valued Member

But dear sir, that is the point. Excuse the pun. ;)