Who is Raymond Davis?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KidKrav, Feb 25, 2011.

1. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Talk about getting caught in a Big Lie. So desperate has been the US effort to get the killer Raymond Davis sprung from police custody in Lahore following his execution-style slaughter of two Pakistani intelligence operatives in broad daylight in a crowded commercial area, that the government trotted out President Obama to declare that Pakistan was violating the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations by holding ‘our diplomat’, whom he insisted had only been defending himself, and should in any case be entitled to absolute immunity.

Now both the Guardian newspaper in the UK over the weekend, and the Associated Press reported that sources in both the Pakistani and American governments are confirming that Davis works for the CIA. The AP is reporting that he is a “CIA security contractor,” which is something less and a little more amorphous than a CIA employee, and still leaves open the question of who he actually is and who he actually works for, but more on that later...

US caught in big lie about Raymond Davis | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

London, Feb 20(ANI): Double murder-accused US official Raymond Davis has been found in possession of top-secret CIA documents, which point to him or the feared American Task Force 373 (TF373) operating in the region, providing Al-Qaeda terrorists with "nuclear fissile material" and "biological agents," according to a report.

Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) is warning that the situation on the sub-continent has turned "grave" as it appears that open warfare is about to break out between Pakistan and the United States, The European Union Times reports...

... The most ominous point in this SVR report is "Pakistan's ISI stating that top-secret CIA documents found in Davis's possession point to his, and/or TF373, providing to al Qaeda terrorists "nuclear fissile material" and "biological agents", which they claim are to be used against the United States itself in order to ignite an all-out war in order to re-establish the West's hegemony over a Global economy that is warned is just months away from collapse," the paper added. (ANI)

"CIA spy" Davis was giving nuclear bomb material to Al-Qaeda, says report - Yahoo! News

One front-page story accused him of working with Taliban bombers to sow chaos across Pakistan; other accounts have variously suggested he is addicted to chewing tobacco, howls during prayers, enjoys jailhouse visits from women and spends hours playing Ludo to fend off depression. US officials continue to insist Davis is a bona-fide diplomat, so immune from prosecution. Conditions are so dangerous at the jail where Davis is being held, they say, that dogs test his food, his guards have been disarmed and he is at constant risk of assassination.

"This issue is mired in so many versions of the truth that it's hard to know who's telling the truth and who isn't," said Cyril Almeida, a columnist with Dawn.com. "My guess is that all sides are lying."

Truth hard to find in US-Pakistan war of words over Raymond Davis | World news | The Guardian

Who is Raymond Davis? My guess is we're going to have to wait for the next wiki-leak to know for sure.:cool:

The allegations that he was giving nuclear materials to terrorists to catalyze a war push could certainly be Russian or Pakistani propaganda, but considering the revelations regarding Operation Northwoods (and you should all look that up if you don't know what that is) I wouldn't say it's outside the realm of possibility...

Thoughts?

2. invisi

invisi Valued Member

My thoughts are...

Interesting topic. Clever.

I would say be appropriate. You might end up like Mr. Assange or his US source ' what is it 52 years' he got; maximum security. Assange already on his way to Sweden to face trial.

I don't want to know your business. Now there is a thought.

Take care.

3. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Do you think I should be afraid to post things like this?

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It's a mess and it ultimately will come down to how far Pakistan is willing to push the US. If the US says he has immunity, then they'd better have incredibly good reasons to prevent his release. You don't mess with immunity, because once you do, you lose credibility all around the world.

If the guy dies in custody then all bets are off.

5. holyheadjch

lol.

6. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

He shot and killed two people on government duty in front of a crowd of people. I'm not sure what the Pakistanis could offer which would further implicate the guy.

Personally, I'm pretty curious about this...

7. holyheadjch

Guilt is irrelevant. All they can do, if they deem him to hold immunity, is declare him PNG and put him on a plane. There are issues, however with that claim to immunity that go beyond my understanding of international law.

In a normal case, Pakistan would just hand him over and get it done with, but they are under huge amounts of political pressure not to release him.

They are in a lose/lose situation.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  8. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Damn I wish I had diplomatic immunity...

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Most of the worlds governments today are pretty free when referring to their government 'diplomats'. Its common knowledge that up to 50% of western diplomats are in actuality intelligence operatives. Pretty good stuff.