Who else is a huge fan of New York Wu Tang?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Yohan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I really like this group:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdWarSOFZ9U&feature=related"]YouTube- Fighting Clips at Wu Tang New York[/ame]

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

What is your problem Yohan?

3. Yohan

I drink, smoke, and hit people in the face too much.

But I like this group. They don't suck completely. They don't resort to poor kickboxing. They use northern Kung Fu in sparring and they beat the hell out of each other. That puts them in the top tenth percentile.

4. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I think they suck....

5. Yohan

Top tenth percentile :evil:

6. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Makes me wanna get some sake.... god damn.

7. Yohan

It's a free country. Go for it. Or a nice hot glass of gin.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I hate gin. It literally stinks, I would refuse to pour it when I worked the bars and had someone else make it for me. Otherwise I gag.

9. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Me too mushroom.

10. beknar

beknar Valued Member

Light continuous sparring. I'm all for it. Save the knockouts and arm breaks for competitions and tournaments.

11. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I thought you meant this.

Warning of possible naughty words.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6jwab3HWk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6jwab3HWk[/ame]

12. 36chambers

36chambers Valued Member

13. illumin7

illumin7 Valued Member

:cry:

Thought you meant the Wu Tang Clan.

14. fateoficarus

fateoficarus New Member

I used to train with Alaska Wu-Tan, it's a great school. I'm sure the NY branch is just as good.

15. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I like it but they have a problem common to people who spar without much contact. They're throwing strikes at a distance where they won't connect for the most part. This makes blocks and "sao"s and counters look really good and makes head movement look like fear, and people who do it tend to freeze up or run away when you close in enough to strike properly.
    The scrappy guy that wanted to close in literally had to run and chase the other guy and thanks to an inability to pick fo realz he got slapped a whole lot.

The tiniest bit of actual grappling would change the movement on the ground drastically, too.

Other than that they get out and move. They don't seem to BS so much as many others. The mistakes look like honest ones. Nothing but respect.

16. AuHg

AuHg McDojo Happy Meal

poor poor structure...makes me wanna cry.