Who do you pick? Rousey or Tate?

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Microlamia, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

So, who do you pick in the March 3rd fight - Ronda Rousey or Miesha Tate?

I suspect Rousey will win this one. Tate is good, but Rousey is a freak, in the best possible sense of the word. Tate might mess Rousey up a bit with striking but I can't see Rousey being knocked out. Haven't seen her do much striking in MMA but she had a few judo fights where she got thrown on her head pretty badly and wasn't fazed.

Edit - Sorry, what an idiot! Meant to post a poll! Can't seem to post one now, blergh.

2. Linds

Linds Valued Member

Rousey by armbar

3. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Yup!

It's off topic, I know, but I would love to see her fight Sarah Kaufman. That would probably be one matchup where she wouldn't have the option of quickly swooping and taking her opponent down. Kaufman seems to be all but impervious to takedowns.

4. righty

righty Valued Member

Beat me to it.

5. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

It's slightly irrational I know but no matter how much crap Rousey talks about other fighters I still find myself instinctively rooting for her. Go figure. :)

6. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

love ronda!

8. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

watched the interview. what's with tate hating on ronda? i don't follow women's mma, not even men's really, but there seems to be a lot of bad blood there. what gives?

9. righty

righty Valued Member

10. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

its not often I don't root for the Judoka in mma but that girl irks me.

11. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

There's a video of the stare down here. Love Rousey's new harsh physique. And the head-charge thing was pretty LOLworthy too.

Oddly they weighed in the same, but Rousey is one inch taller and looks thicker. Maybe she just carries weight in different areas. Her upper body is definitely thicker. Or maybe Tate has denser bones. Or it could be I just need to sleep, lol :D

http://www.mmafighting.com/strikeforce/2012/3/2/2840338/tate-vs-rousey-weigh-in-video

12. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

genuinely that could be the judo background, a bit like rugby it tends to shape some peoples body in a very discernible way.

13. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

I am hearing that primetime has dropped strikeforce, is this being shown on any channel in the uk ?

14. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Boom well that wasnt a suprise!

15. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Aside from the GP I didn't think they normally showed it anyway. Indeed, I've just rolled back through my email and there's no Strikeforce events promoted (aside from the GP).

16. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Yay! My girl Rousey beat Butt Cheeks! :) :) :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAwoPCOxZ0"]StrikeForce:Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey full fight,luta completa - YouTube[/ame]

17. Ben Gash CLF

Really impressed she was in such killer shape.

18. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Scary killer shape. Loved the hip throw and seeing the Judo in there. Good fight. I do hope this sort of thing opens up MMA for women.

19. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

zuffa have kind of dropped the ball by not signing a deal with espn like they did with the ufc.

20. Ben Gash CLF

I've heard from some that the only reason Strikeforce still exists is because they've still got active TV contracts.