Who are the most skilled people you've rolled with?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by greg1075, Nov 15, 2017.

1. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Just curious :)

For me:

Hannette Staack: I rolled with her a couple of years ago. I did "ok" for a couple of minutes then she turned it up and arm-triangled me twice pretty quickly. :D Super nice lady.

An occasional training partner of mine - one of my instructor's old students who moved a few years ago - just only lost on points to Keenan at a IBJJF comp! I knew the guy was good but wow.

I've rolled with him a few times and cannot do ANYTHING against the guy. And by anything I mean I can't move an inch in either direction until he locks in whatever sub he chooses. He's a nice guy but does NOT let you work at all during rolls, unfortunately.

Then a few local black belts of course...

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Been years (decades even!) since I did BJJ but I rolled with Matt Thornton (triangled me in seconds...looooong limbs), Chris Haueter (felt SOOO heavy even though he was smaller than me) and John Kavanagh (toyed with me in a cage before armbarring me in short order).

Vince Millett likes this.
  3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Victor Estima. He tapped.

To be fair, it took four times of him saying, "no, apply the choke like this," and physically putting my arms in the right position, but that still counts, right? :D

Mitch

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Aside from my coach, and other people who aren't big names, recently I'd say Eddie cummings, we rolled after a seminar and it was like rolling with a wood chipper, any limb I put close got taken, super cool guy too.

Knee Rider and Smitfire like this.
  5. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

In BJJ I'd have to say my instructor. He's really high level.

Also roll with Euan Burton even now and again which is super cool!

Vince Millett and axelb like this.
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

7. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

The professors at Roger Gracie's place in London - they are all very impressive

Mangosteen likes this.
  8. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award