Which style is this?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by ma-observer, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ma-observer

ma-observer Valued Member

2. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

it says kali eskrima in the description lol

3. Master Betty

although its choson ninja rofl

4. Master Betty

And although ive never done any eskrima, this doesn't look like any that i've ever seen.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It is exceptionally crappy wannabe escrima/kali that should be avoided at all costs

6. Master Betty

I love choson ninja - has to be one of the craziest, most entertaining guys on youtube lol

didnt he come on here a couple years back and rage at people for being "haterz"?

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

If I thought for one moment he did not believe his own crap I would not mind him so much. As it stands I think he is a pubic louse on the groin of martial arts

8. Master Betty

I distinctly remember one of his videos where, when asked about fighting taller opponents he said not to target their face as you're "punching upwards and therefore fighting gravity. Instead, punch DOWNWARDS at targets like his thigh - you'll have gravity on your side".

Made me chuckle.

9. Janno

Janno Valued Member

If it wasn't for the made up science, the pointless drills, and the lack of understanding about the style that they're trying to emulate, i'd say it was a good video...

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

that is called poo style korean ninja escrima.

that was terrible. terrible footwork terrible conccepts and lack of understanding of combat COMPLETELY

11. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Japanese name, Japanese Caligraphy...Kali Eskrima!!!

It is also entertaining to read the posts..."Great stuff" etc etc etc

12. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Yep, good video, I could tell by how the pictures were moving! Wait were we judging the content?

13. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

It the dreaded art of Fulinyu or Ngokando from the mountains of Tibet as taught by GM Deltoo

14. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Brilliant!!! :rolleyes:

15. Master Betty

the guy is choson ninja - basically a korean american guy who does the tired old korean nationalist thing and claims the original ninja were Korean. A funny claim considering I've seen the ninjitsu guys themselves debate whether or not "ninja" even existed in the way modern culture thinks of them.

At least in this one he's teaching somewhere resembling a proper class. Most of his videos was him and a bunch of what can only be described as "acolytes" training in the car park of some supermarket that's closed up for the weekend. Yes, wearing full ninjitsu gear with Korean symbols on them.

16. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Lucky he's a Ninjer so he can use invisibility or smoke screens because if you seen him comming at you like that the only thing you would die of is Laughter.

Looks like he has a mosqueto problem in the gym :woo:

17. ma-observer

ma-observer Valued Member

18. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

It seems like the guy in the videos has some personal internet based grievances with someone else on youtube, and I really do not want to get involved with that, but...

It's not as bad as some of the 'instructional' videos youtube has to offer, but just because someone holds a rattan stick, swings it around and calls it kali (pekiti tirsia or otherwise) does not necessarily mean it is any good... Don't get me wrong, pekiti tirsia is a great system as long as you can find a good teacher.

Take the 'double stick' part in the last minute of the first video, I do not think I saw a single pair of students at the right range for the drill they were doing, no one had a combative attitude (or if they did it was well hidden - is that something to do with being ninjers?), and no one knew what to do with the stick they were not hitting with.

I've seen Morris Dancers look more 'martial' :woo:

I would be interested to see some stick sparring, and observe how quickly the 'stance' changes so they no longer put their live hand in front of their stick, making a lovely target for someone in the know...

19. Master Betty

Na thats what he's like. Choson ninja has a grievance against EVERYONE, not a particular person.

20. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Well he appears to have problems with people who have informed opinions on the arts he claims to teach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.