which one

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by theviper, Aug 28, 2006.

?

whichone first

Poll closed Sep 24, 2006.
  1. Nunchaku

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Tonfa

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Bo Staff

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Sai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. others

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I'll have to disagree here. I think any martial training is a good primer for any other. It depends on what you want to focus on. Training in swordsmanship teaches a precision that doesn't really come from training unarmed. In swordsmanship, you must not get hit. Ever. The angles must be perfect, since the first hit will win the fight. In unarmed combat, you can take a hit and probably not die right then and there... say by taking a hit to close to grapple. That being said, training unarmed will help a great deal in weapons training, and weapons training will help a great deal in unarmed fighting, since you can't really separate the two in practice. Wrestling figures a great deal into swordsmanship, and all the unarmed martial arts are trumped by reasonable weapons training... hence the "magic marker test". There's a MMA guy in my sword class, and he does very well. There's also a practicioner of Kung Fu in the class, who feels that weapons training has greatly helped his unarmed technique. You'll never "perfect" any martial training, so one might as well learn what he/she finds interesting.

Best regards,

-Mark

2. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Man, if you could engineer that, it would be pure, solid gold!

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease! :D :love: :D

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I already have it sussed and running on the upgraded site ;) :D

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Leave them to it and recommend that they start out with live blades at full speed. Reduce the population. :D