Which food or drink really energizes you?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by rivend, Apr 12, 2011.

1. rivend

rivend Valued Member

This is really a mystery to me with all the supplements available and energy drinks and the huge assortment of food products on the market.It seems to me very few if any edible or drinkable things actually energize me immediately after eating or drinking them.About the only thing that for me is noticeable is water I get a healthy boost and a feeling of well being after drinking a glass or two.
    Am I odd or is this something you have questions about also?

2. tonyv107

tonyv107 Valued Member

Pineapple does the trick for me

3. PlatinumPi4u

PlatinumPi4u Valued Member

One of the best is by Enerfoods which has an organic green super foods drink. It doesn't give you energy like sugar or redbull or coffee. Instead it gives you all natural energy because it is loaded with green super foods, dense nutrients, and more.

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

water or green tea. I used to drink milk and now it makes me sick.

5. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Coffee, black, strong. Love it pre training.

6. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Valued Member

Supplements are just that...they should supplement your diet, they wont magically make up for a crappy one.

As for energy drinks, pretty much every energy drink or supplement on the market relies on caffeine, they can call it guarana to try and confuse you but the guarana leaf contains caffeine so its just a marketing thing.

The best thing to do is look at the ingredients list on the bottle, if its an "energy" drink it will have either caffeine or guarana and thats whats giving the boost. They can say it has the mystical shrub of the Tibetan monks as well but its pretty much just the caffeine doing the work, so just decide if it worth the extra $$$ or just have a cup of coffee, its pretty much the same thing.

7. righty

righty Valued Member

I think one of the problems is with all the energy drinks etc now on the market people now expect some sort of instant hit from them and other foods - which you aren't really going to get with natural foods.

That saying, bananas are my thing.

8. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Valued Member

Sorry PlantinumPi4u but thats utter <nonsense>. Its marketing hype pure and simple.

"These nutrients go to work right away to rebuild and regenerate your body's cells"
    Everything you eat does this to some fashion....green's powders don't do anything different than virtually any other food.

"while eliminating build up toxins"[/]
    Food does not eliminate toxins, thats what your liver and kidney are for, any supplement that claims to do this is full of BS, if it were true, nobody would ever need dialysis if their liver failed, they could just take a green's supplement.

"When you eat a vitamin pill it takes a lot of energy from the digestive juices to break down the outer layer so that the inner part can be processed.[/]
    Doesn't your stomach acid break down food? How is that drawing energy from my system? Are they claiming that after your acid is produced, you need to expend more energy for it to have an effect on the food? or that your acid runs out of acid? More BS

Attracts toxins and eliminates them[/]
    The chlorella, spirulina and several of the other ingredients attract toxins to them like a magnet. As they are being processed, these molecules draw the heavy metals and chemical toxins to themselves and then gently and naturally take them out of the body.[/]
    Wait...what? it works like a magnet to attract toxins, I thought it was being absorbed right away? Does that mean it attracts the toxins, then absorbs them into my body...WHAT??? ROFL...More BS.

then it removes it naturally from the body[/]
    you mean you crap it out. So without this supplement you don't crap? is it a laxative?

So much marketing BS to confuse people. With all this marketing BS are green's supplements bad, well no...I actually take some every day but I understand what it can and cant do.

Its a supplement for people that don't eat enough vegetables, which I probably don't every day. If I could manage to eat my 3 cups of veges everyday then there would be no benefit whatsoever to taking this.

Between the 2 its probably better to eat the actual veges. Its not a miracle food its just powdered vegetables.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2011
  9. PlatinumPi4u

Although I cannot comment on their marketing, I can tell you we've have had great success with enerfoods.

10. righty

righty Valued Member

Are those actually quotes from the website?

If so not only are they misleading in an advertising context, they are also scientifically just plain wrong.

11. PlatinumPi4u

Feel free to call them!

12. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm sure you have had great success with it. It's probably bought by the sort of gullible idiots who are to lazy to cook proper veggies and believe the myth of the 'detox diet'. It doesn't mean that it's a good product however!

13. PlatinumPi4u

Wait.. you cook your veggies? :(

14. Frodocious

You mean as opposed to taking them in uber-processed powdered form?! :bang:

15. righty

righty Valued Member

International toll free number is not free.

16. PlatinumPi4u

No. As opposed to steaming them, because when you 'cook' them, you are burning up all the nutrients... Gees - tough crowd today huh?

17. Frodocious

Cooking covers a multitude of different types of heating food including steaming, so quit trying to score points with stupid 'terminology' based arguments. We're not a tough crowd, we just don't buy into ridiculous non-scientific claims about 'superfoods', which are normally based on conning people into paying stupid amounts for gimicky products.

18. Commander Nitro

Commander Nitro Valued Member

Fruit/veggie shakes, natural fruit juice and water. Nothing synthetic or too rich.

19. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Thanks for all the replies so far......
    I hear all the warnings for this ingredient and that ingredient being bad for us sugar,sugar substitutes,flour in white bread,lack of nutrients in this and that.Carcinogens in meat products,tap water that is not healthy and negative things about snack foods.The list is endless even vegetables are under fire because of pesticides lingering in them because of the absorption they take in through their growing process.

So with all this fear mongering and a lot being based in fact what we eat should probably be the biggest issue we deal with on a personal level in everyday life as for our health.
    You take a person who lives off junk food, for the most part who is very active and burns calories like they are going out of style reaps benefits from his/her food no matter what.But the general population that eats these fast food goodies, their system doesn't and negative things eventually start to effect them health wise this is a fact heart disease obesity etc.

But even if you are a health nut the basic food available today doesn't seem to really rejuvenate or satisfy or replenish as I would think it should.So finding what is best to eat or drink is difficult and really kind of a dilemma.So you are resigned to find what works for you personally and not just believe all the hype about some product.

20. PlatinumPi4u

Bump!!

Well guys, I've been taking the Enerfoods Super Green food green powder for about 3 weeks. Hate all you want, I feel GREAT >>>>

[​IMG]