Which Famous Boxer

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by rick_nz, Aug 5, 2004.

1. rick_nz

rick_nz Valued Member

Need help with my Daughters homework,There is a Question on boxing that i cant figure out :confused: .The Question is :

Which Famous boxer threw his olympic medal into a river as an act of protest againts racism?
    Any help would be much appreciated :) .Thanks in advance

Rick

2. philipsmith

philipsmith Valued Member

Mohammed Ali then Cassius Caly.

Reason: an Atlanta (his home town) restaraunt would serve him because he was black. Officially segregation was illegal at this time.

3. philipsmith

philipsmith Valued Member

OOps! Should read Cassius Clay

4. rick_nz

rick_nz Valued Member

Cheers for that ,I thought it was Cassius Clay ,But couldnt find anything on the google searches to confirm my thinking.Thank god for map..
    I spent about a hour searching the web,Come in here & get an answer within 16minutes , Thanks Bud

5. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

A replacement gold medal was given to Muhammad at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics

Just thought id add that in.

Thats it.

No more.

Ta.

6. T C D*fighter*

T C D*fighter* New Member

You could really make your daughter look good and tell her teacher that he never actually threw it in the river, he just lost it and he and a few others decided to make the incident up as a publicity stunt for the black movement!

Regards

TCD

7. JKD guy

JKD guy New Member

Ali

Ali as a young guy was a jerk. He was also mean. But he maybe had reasons for being mean. Still, I don't really have to like him. I like Foreman more, who never felt bad about being American.

8. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

'Its mohammed ali! not cassius Clay'. Who did he fight when he said that?

Really though, mohammed really thought of himself as african. Because he was really really ****ed(the man was once part of the nation of islam, a black hate group)
    NOw he practices mainstream islam but, well, he once had some HARSH beliefs towards whites.

I also think Foreman was one of the best...ever. I mean, he was silent, introspective, and hit hard, he fought for a long time until a ripe old age. He was...awsome.

9. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

^ Sonny Liston (part 2)

10. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Nobody will ever know!

11. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Hey, when you're as good and fast as Ali was, you get this superiority complex. I've seen it happen. I guess he just loved himself too much. :D

EDIT: It takes a good whooping to get rid of the complex - thank god for Frazier. :p