Whhhattt? A new Green Hornet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ranzan, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo3eI-03OtU&feature=popular"]YouTube- 'The Green Hornet' Trailer HD[/ame]

Looks that way.

2. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Cameron Diaz is always worth a look. The rest looks pretty bad.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Will the sequel feature Batman and Robin.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13IuxNixyig&feature=related"]YouTube- Batman VS Green Hornet with Bruce Lee[/ame]

On reflection, let's hope not.

4. Quincyma80

Quincyma80 Valued Member

They casted who as the leading man???

Seth Rogen???

Seth Frickin Rogen???
    Who proves the old adage; I'd rather be lucky than good.

Gawd in one generation Britt Reid's character decays from Van Williams to Pudgeball Seth Rogen.
    :mad:

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

This been in the works for quite a while. Seth Rogan has been training his butt off to get his weight down and bulk up which can be seen (and mocked in Funny People).

What I dont like is Jay Chow as Kato. He's quite a big star in Hong Kong/China but in my opinion he's more wooden than Keanu Reeves in full rigeur.
    Jet Li was originally cast, but this was a good 7yrs or so ago.

6. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

When I first heard Seth Rogan was going to be the Green Hornet I almost threw up but after seeing various clips from the film I "might" go see it!

7. 19thlohan

They should have hired Rain from that ninja movie.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Rain would have been a good choice. Truly athletic and good on the eyes....er...according to my Mrs

9. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

My fave movie director Kevin Smith (and producer Scott Moiser) were originally tasked with directing a Green Hornet movie, but they got cold feet and bottled it.

I think Smith is currently writing (or has written) a Green Hornet comic book series. If you've read his Daredevil or Batman, then it's worth hunting down. :cool:

10. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Of course. Hollywood cant seem to come up with fresh ideas and tend to market past ones for a prior audience group.

11. 19thlohan

I saw his comic at the shop a couple of times. He made kato a woman! Don't mess with the classics man!:mad:

12. ColaMike

ColaMike Valued Member

Technically, the girl is Kato's daughter.

I enjoy the comic so far, looking forward to the movie.