Where do buy a decent sword .

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by dougal, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

But you claimed authenticity. So how can you be authentic but not the same?

It would be like me studying Sir William Hope, dressing in a kilt using an aluminium broadsword and claiming to be an authentic highland warrior.

I am actually scottish and my family have been here since before the broadsword period and even I wouldn't consider it authentic.

The Bear.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  2. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

What a coincidence! - I don't claim to be Musashi either, but as Iwami Soke says, "we practice hard to become a little closer to Musashi sensei".

I learn dilligently what my sensei teaches. He did the same and so on and so on. THAT is lineage and authenticity. Staying true to the art and the ryu.

3. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Only after you’d avoided a number of requests about your level of experience.

I was polite and too the point and I gave my reasons for why I was asking.

Again it was you who were avoiding the question.

No you do not need approval and I didn’t say you did. My whole point which I’ve repeated a few times now was with regards to if someone who knew nothing about JSA should give your opinion that same amount of credence as someone like Scott or Kogusoku.

You say you have done JSA but were very unwilling to say what school and further investigation has raised a few questions about what you do. So again why should your opinion be relied upon as much as someone like Kogusoku?

I happened to think my battle orders sword I used when I was 18 and back in the BBD was fantastic but the I was misinformed and inexperienced. I’m still inexperienced but a bit better informed now.

If you have no idea what you are talking about then it doesn’t really matter if you think it’s a good sword or not because your assessment will be based on nothing substantial.

Yes you did but again only after a you tried to dodge the question. To be honest if a member of something like Tenshin Shoden Katori Ryu or Hyoho Niten Ichi Ryu are willing enough to give basic details of who and what they train in then you shouldn’t have a problem.

As you wont actually answer my questions about the accusations you’ve levelled at me in this thread then I will take it that you’d just pulled them out of thin air to try of score what you perceive as points back in this debate.

4. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I cross-train with as many people as I can inorder to be tested and my many failings exposed which I work to correct. Fight hard and train with sincerity. That is authenticity in martial arts the rest is pretention.

The Bear.

5. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Yawn. Still you won't state your experience in understanding koryu.

Mods, can we get the ZKS thread split for this one as Mr Bear just wants to debate nonsense.

6. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Back to insults are we, a sign of a true budoka there.

The Bear.

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

This thread was originally about buying a decent sword, with opinions on the PK and others. It then went off topic into calling out others to see how they can have an opinion. We also have lineage interrogations and a few other things that are all off topic.

While I'm here, I will respond to a certain part of a post:
    No, that is when moderators step back from the thread and try not to get involved in case unbiased moderation is required. This is why it I am locking this, and not Kogusoku.

To the OP (Original Poster), check the Weapons Links sticky for the link to Swordforum. There's plenty of reviews by people in the JSA (including some people from here) of various swords for different uses.

With that, this thread is locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.