When should you throw the first punch?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hazmatac, Jun 5, 2014.

1. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Texas and some of Oklahoma are dry, if you consider those part of the south...:eek:

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

When should you throw the first punch?

Milliseconds before the second and third punch

3. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I once let some guy punch me about 4 times before I put my shoe in his face and knocked him silly. The next day i didnt even have a bruise on my face .

4. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Hypothetically, never.
    Realistically, depends on the situation.

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

He must have been a light-hitting pansie :eek:

6. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

I think this agrees with what most said already.

It doesn't matter as much the when but the why.

The when is actually the result of what comes before and contributes to what comes after. :Alien:

In other words, decide for yourself before hand when you are willing to fight and when you are willing not to fight. Base this on actual threat assessments not Ego. For example, if someone is trying to force you at gun point into a car to take you to some remote place and you have good reason to think this is to kill you. Better to fight now when there are witnesses and a chance to get away than when you out in the middle of nowhere tied up and executed. This is something you should decide based on your own. Don't take my advice, make your own decisions on this. It is very difficult to make these decisions on the fly unless you have put some thought into when you will and won't fight ahead of time. Maybe they just want your money, decide ahead of time to give up your wallet and protect yourself... this is your decision.

Who threw the first punch... I didn't say.