When Kenpo Strikes!!

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Joe karate, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

Have you guys ever heard this song? Great!! It's by Red Cloud, an underground group. Search for "Red Cloud" or "When kenpo strikes" on Kazza. I also think there's a music video full of fancy martial arts moves. It's all about kenpo and other MA's.

2. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

No luck finding it on Kazaa.

Mike

3. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

I just tried this on Kazaa. If you enter "When kenpo strikes" you must restrict the search to audio files only or it will not be found. Wonder why?

4. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

I still don't find it.

Mik

5. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Oops ... I couldn't find it with "when kenpo strikes"

I tried just "kenpo" and got it.

Mike

6. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

s long as you found it. I really don't like rap music but i can't hold back the laughs when i hear that song.

7. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Yeah ... I'm not big on rap music either. But it is a pretty funny song :)

Mike

8. Thomas Vince

Thomas Vince New Member

Gravitational Marriage...

My instructor Mr. Parker defined gravitational marriage as the uniting of mind, breath and strength while simultaneously dropping your bodt weight along with the execution of your natural weapon(s). Timing all these factors with the dropping of your body weight greatly adds to the force of your strikes. This combined action literally causes a marriage with gravity and makes vertcal use of BODY MOMENTUM while employing the dimension of height.
    How does your art relate to this principle of martial arts?

9. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Re: Gravitational Marriage...

Pretty much the same. But, on top of striking, we also use this principle a lot for unbalancing and also in the application of joint locks. We call it "elevator down" or "seating" in Sikal and "marriage of gravity" in Shen Chuan (which has roots in Kenpo so it's not too surprising that the term is similar).

Mike

10. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

We definitely do it. We are taught to drop our body weight, use the hips( its all in the hips baby) and strike simultaneously. However that is only one way (more common though) to generate power.

Kempo

11. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

Did'nt Master Larry Tatum come out with a Kenpo training video called When Kenpo Strikes?

12. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Smile, laugh, be happy!

Re: Gravitational Marriage...

Master Tatum made a series of videos entitled "When Kenpo Strikes".

Thomas Vince

You wrote:
    Does this mean you train with EP Junior? Or do you mean that your former instructor was Ed Parker?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2003
  13. kulture

kulture New Member