When all I want was info

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by sinner_silence, May 22, 2006.

1. sinner_silence

sinner_silence New Member

Sometimes it's just frustrating to be in a forum where people tend to mislead more than inform.

That when a newbie's askin for some useful information which he/she thinks could be life-changing, people see it as a joke or worse, instead of helping, makes one person think if he/she's making a wrong decision of gettin into.

I find it sad that the only thread I started was closed, maybe due to some people starting to heat up over some matters, which I think... completely misled me more :( that's kinda sad on my part I guess.. But oops, I am no ranting here.. just hoping for some positive changes to occur soon.

But then again, I just want to thank everyone who has helped me by providing me with much needed support to go on and plan to the next steps I will be taking.

Be saffe ya'll.

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

The thread was closed due to the fact it went so far off topic due to certain people posting there... and in keeping with that we don't look favourably on conversations that hype up illegal drugs, for obvious reasons.

Nothing to do with who started it, or the orginal topic.

If I were you I'd read over the thread, take what's positive and helpful and ignore the rest. Getting the most out of the internet is largely about sorting the wheat from the chaff.

3. sinner_silence

there were alot of people who helped me in that forum and yes, i absorbed all the good ones and junked the bad ones :)

4. Tsumetai

Tsumetai Banned Banned

Welcome to MAP!

I can't attest to what happened in the thread you're referring to, but I will comment that if you intend on attempting in any way to present a concept contrary to the general belief of the forum, you'll have to get used to people on this forum being closed-minded and making a mockery out of your inquisitions. It is also not uncommon to find yourself being burned for presenting a concept regarded by MAPers as ignorant, when the fact is, those regarding it as such don't even understand what you're saying, but feel the need to state their opinion anyway.

What's funny is when a few MAPers burn you for making an observation, and later agree with someone else making the exact same observation, or when someone completely disagrees with you, and still refuses to accept what you're saying when you've proven your thought to be correct through either clear example or even posting a video.

*Off Topic*
    I still have to get myself a camcorder for that purpose... My camera only records up to fifteen seconds. =(

EDIT: Oh, and "When all I want was info" ... Yeah, got your tenses a bit mixed up there... Soory... it... bothers me...

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  5. sinner_silence

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg.
    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling and vreb tneses are ipmorant.

:) :)
    and with the thread i was referring to.. hmm, guess we can't expect everyone to agree all the time. Variety makes life exciting yes, and meanigful.

6. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Yeah.. *scratches head* .. sorry about that thread SS..

I'd hope that some earlier posts there were helpful to read, but it just really bothers me when people give bad advice. Hope you enjoy your time here! :)