Whats Your Favorite Submisson?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Acekicken, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Disaster Master

Disaster Master New Member

I don’t have a favorite submission anymore. At one time it was Kata Gatame, until I learned how easy the escape is. I still like Kata Gatame but I try to hook my leg over his to prevent an escape now.

Re: leg locks

Yoda’s comments on safety are why leg locks aren’t allowed in Judo. When I spar certain subs are excluded for safety reasons (neck cranks for example).

2. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Yes, heel hooks are nasty things. I hate working with leg locks because once you feel the pain, it's already too late. You might finish your training session, but once you cool down the pain sets in and it hurts!

I've done both my knees due to being too late to tap, both heel hooks. One of them I had for a period of months as I was waiting for it to heal so I could do weights. It only healed when I got my ass in the gym and started squatting regardless of it not being fully healed.

Both knees appear to be normal again, I can kick, squat, wrestle, climb stairs with no problems.. but i'm wondering how much wear and tear I've taken off them as I'm only 18 years old and don't want to have knees of a 50 year old when I'm 30.

Edited for profanity: Yoda

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2003
  3. KungFuMan39

KungFuMan39 New Member

I like achilles locks very much, also the straight armbar is always a good one, but im reather new to submission fighting so i dont know very many

4. Tyrant MMA

Tyrant MMA New Member

I'm just a noobie but I really like the Ammo Plato ( hope my spellings ok ) We have been learning a few interesting ways of getting into it.

Also the good old Americana

5. Cyph

Cyph Banned Banned

Omoplata. :)

6. Mr CUTTHROAT

Mr CUTTHROAT New Member

I love the heel hook, and also knee bars. I love arm bars and the asortment of chokes. But in a street fight most do not understand when to tap, therefor they make me snap. I have to say I like squeeze locks and crushes the best because you can put your opponent through a lot of pain with less risk of bone breakage,
    but with the proper pressure, these locks can do serious damage!!

7. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I love the stepover toehold, and I have one of the meaner full nelsons you will ever run across.

8. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

I thought i posted this before
    i just saw it on the Board Per haps

Martial Arts Planet Can Cross The thread

9. Acekicken

Armlocks & Ankel Locks

Jujigatme is my most Fav
    But Heel hooks & the figure 4 Toe Hold are right after that

I have Used Many Submissons in Kumite Ju jitsu Turnaments
    Including The above as well as The Triangel Choke,
    rear Naked, ,Key locks, Hammer Locks & Kneebars

Im 19 -4 In Kumite Ju Jitsu( Kicks Strking Throws Takedowns & Submissons)
    My four Losses have come from Points

6-2 In Grappling Turnaments 5 wins By Submisson
    1 on Points & 2 lossed on Points

1- 0 in MMA Win By Inside heelhook/ kneebar
    My Next MMA Fight is in Jan. of 2004 Extreme Fighting Challenge

I have been Competing in USJJF turnaments for 3 Years
    I have done 3 Grappling Turnaments
    And I fought in the Ring for The United States Combat Zone Asosiation Which was the 7th & Last show

Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  10. Acekicken

11. PaulO

PaulO New Member

At the moment I am using mounted triangles a lot so they are a new favourite, also another is the arm entanglement with the legs from Kesa gatame (Americana) and I've started to work on Omaplata more and Im liking this a lot.

If wearing a Gi then I also like Gi chokes especially sode Jime (sleeve choke) and Ashi-Jime.

12. Pika

Pika New Member

"I am still working on position over the good blue belts/purple belts, the new guys are easy to control and I find I can use any submission choose."

Sure Bon. You can tap the new guys with anything....... I choose flying triangle!

And you are working on position with the blue and purples...... what position is that? The tapping position? :D

13. Zen Master

Zen Master New Member

Face bar, love that move

14. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Scarf Hold shoulder lock/arm bar

15. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Flying arm bar :D

16. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Good luck

Thats too hard to do guy!

Well for me anyhow.

Neck Crank is easy and minimal effort but arm bar is the best from any angle I can work it for me!

17. SteveJKDUK

SteveJKDUK New Member

Yeah...flying arm bars seem to be a leap of faith for me. No, I haven't got one to work yet, but I'm sure I will some day! :D

The stuff I've been working on at the moment is knee bars and my omaplata. Its not diffficult knowing how to do it, but when to actually do it!

18. Coyote

Coyote New Member

Do you want practical or cool? If you're looking for practical, I prefer neck cranks and scarf chokes, depending on the situation.

Really cool? Well, I once managed to get my opponent to post on both hands. I tapped him in the kidney as I scrambled over his back. I stepped over his neck into a sanchin stance and, as his chin came up, I grabbed it with my right hand. Instant choke and the neck gets stretched simultaneously. If they try to get your feet with their arms, you can sit out on their neck-- also works if they try to drop out of the choke.