Whats Your Favorite Submisson?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Acekicken, Jan 2, 2003.

1. stump

stump Supersub

Omaplatas are a favourite
    Kneebars are fun when you get them

But as I always seem to end up in guard I'll have to go with armbars

2. Cain

Cain New Member

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Ho not that agin Cain :)

Although I like Rear Naked Choke very much. I find myself strangely drawn to Neck Cranks/ Face Bars.

I also really love The Iron Cross, but alas am not so great at getting it to work that well, totally out of practice now, but it does look kinda fancy.

Also some leg locks and achilles/ calf crushes.

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

An inverted Juji Gatame or Ude Garami.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I get far more pleasure from nailing a quality opponent with the basics done well rather than some complex variation.

I tend to stick to my big 3, and work to be able to get them single and in combination from anywhere - unless someone gives me something else...

Armbar (I like the far arm from x-body but can apply it from pretty much any position)
    Triangle (I get it quite well from the guard but also surprise people by getting it in less common positions)
    Americana (Stem up / ude-garame) - X-Body being the most common position, often via a transition from the mount.

6. Sporran

Sporran Silverback.

#1 Keylock / Americana
    #2 Fig 4 ankle lock
    #3 armbar

sometimes manage to pull off
    #4 flatulence / triangle combo

7. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Flooris, do you mean achilles locks by calf lock, if so yes than can cause serious damage. Unfortunately i once put one on a lad at the club who appeared to have no pain threshold, he just wouldnt tap, so i kept increasing the pressure and it eventually led to ligament damage and he couldnt train for 6 months.

8. PaulO

PaulO New Member

I think mine are the Americana with the legs from kesa Gatame, Kimura and ankle lock/toe hold.

9. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

Key arm locks and neck cranks. I have a strong upper body, but I'm just not built to do any real ju juitsu techniques like triangle chokes and the such.

10. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

GEEZ 6 months?!?!?!
    Is heel hook safer than achilles lock?
    Lately i been using heel hooks more because i can get to it faster and it causes more pain.

11. YODA

Heel hooks are one of the easiest ways to hurt someone in grappling - and hurt them BADLY.

An achilles lock attacks mainly the soft tissue of the ankle / calf - tendons and ligaments - these will heal.

The heel hook applies rotational torque to the knee - a minor "pop" will cause major trauma to the lateral ligaments and maybe the cruciate liagmants. A MAJOR pop and the recipient may never walk again. I saw an example of such rotational torque a few years ago - the guy nearly lost his lower leg - the bones inside his knee shattered and severed the arteries & nerves in his knee. He kept his leg - but he has it screwed together with metal rods, has a permanent limp and will certainly never kick properly again.

You have been warned!

12. Floorismyfriend

Scary stuff.
    Thnx for the info.
    You might have saved my brothers leg today.
    Ill try not to over do it with heel hooks.

13. YODA

A good rule with heel hooks is to consider the POSITION a win in sparring. Don't wait for the tap - pain sometimes comes AS it breaks!

14. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I apologise for being dim, but what's a heel hook? :)

15. Floorismyfriend

Thnx for the sparring tip.
    You may have just saved my brothers other leg.

16. Floorismyfriend

The foot under your armpit and you pull up his heel with your forarm on the same arm.

17. Knight_Errant

OK thanks

18. YODA

From my website

- Here's Roy Harris (right) about to apply the heel hook on Karl Tanswell. Roy will now hook his right forearm over Karls foot and under his heel - he'll then join hands, pull his hands into his chest and turn his whole upper body to his left and lean back.

[​IMG]

19. Knight_Errant

ow! that's gotta hurt! :eek:
    Oh, and thanks for the explanation :)

20. Floorismyfriend

The rumina sato sherdog highlight has some good heel hooking in it.