Whats Your Favorite Submisson?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Acekicken, Jan 2, 2003.

1. SpongeBob

SpongeBob Valued Member

Yeah I used that one to get out the closed gaurd. Get 'em right up in the air and then boom lovely :D. As long as they're not to quick to sweep my legs that is ;)

I saw the figure of four toes hold this morning. Sadly it was by Kurt Angle on WWE (has to watch it since Acekicken said it was on there :D ) and now I understand what it is, I have done it before.

I didn't realise the WWE had brought in submissions now, I always thought the idea was a pin? Funny though how one wrestler got the other in a naked rear choke, yet the other one didn't go out and carried on fighting after 10 seconds. Could it all be made up and staged, surely not!!!!!!!

Next you'll be telling me there is no Santa!!!!!

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'll give you a Japanese name for your 'power slam' Darzeka, Daki Age.

Currently my favorite submission is a inverted juji gatame. On their left arm if they've knocked you off their back right leg hooks over the throat with the arm on your inside right thigh, your weight pins the arm and you lean 'up' (as your both know face down) to apply, requires a really flexible back.

Col

3. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Pro Wrestling has had Submissons
    for as long as i can remember

Not realy new to the WWE
    _____________________________---------------------------

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Its not real!?!?!?!

:( :( :(

5. Acekicken

No it's Not real but it's not Fake

it's Art. :D

6. cyclepath

cyclepath New Member

Gotta be for me the rear naked (ooh err missus) choke, from the rear mount. Just cause it shows total control of the other person, so you could get their back and obtain the finish. I like chokes for the fact that on the unitiated they dont know what's gion on and pass out(i meant in the street not on a beginner!!).

Also a little fond of the old heel hook.

7. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

I am still working on position over the good blue belts/purple belts, the new guys are easy to control and I find I can use any submission I choose.

8. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

What is real :confused:

Often what they do is far more real than how many Martial Artists train. How many people train in a totally unrealistic non competitive way and call themselves street fighting, combat orientated MA's........

I've been surprised by many grapplers lack of skill. Many I've trained with have concentrated on using brute force instead of technique. Which is very dissapointing from a learning point of view.

A simple submission is simply putting your elbow into someones throat, if they tuck their chin in, it hurts even more. (from the mount position)

Whats peoples favourite move from a simple standing clinch, assuming you want your opponent to tap out?

9. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Knees are good. :D

10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Suppose that could make them submit :D

Maybe from a standing position was a bad idea, I was thinking of the best way to take out a striker..........

11. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

If you're already tied up in a clinch - Rolling Kneebars are pretty devastating!

12. Acekicken

I have Used Them Often
    They are verry efective
    & also open up the leg lock searies
    Since U have acheived 2 on 1

13. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I think I know what you mean with the rolling knee bars. Is that when you roll past your oppenonent, say to the left of them, grab their right leg and hook your right leg between theirs as your rolling past them, then hook your right leg round their right leg to bring them down. If that makes any sense....

14. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Fave technique is a toehold from the STF legvine position, I usually get this after breaking my opponent's guard. Works like a charm.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    From the clinch I would overhook one arm, grasp the opposite shoulder to avoid rollout, and put a nice crank on the rotator cuff.

15. Fire_Wings

Fire_Wings New Member

Favorite sub?

What is youre favorite submission? :p
    That one you go for every chance you get?:D

Now we all have them, the one you always want to find more ways to do. The one you know alot about, that works well for you, youre build, ect.

My personals are triangles and gillotine chokes. Fun fun fun. ;)

16. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

For me its the one and only rear naked. A few reasons, gives a nice finish and also is a hard position for the other guy to do stuff while your waitin for em to pass out!! Also shows a degree of superiority in that you've got their back, closed the technique and have total control for the finish.

17. totality

totality New Member

i prefer the triangle/armbar combo, simply because it's kind of exotic-looking and fun :D

but yeah, rnc really is, IMO, the best sub. once you've sunk that, you should have the match.

18. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

My fav is the testicle squeeze.
    Probably one of the most painfull submissions known to man, literaly.

rnc has nothing on the ts.

19. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

I really like giving out shoulder locks from the scarf hold position. My second favorite would have to be a key lock, or the reverse of that where you sit up with your opponent.

PS- I am a master at submiting to calf locks

20. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

Yeah those calf locks are really painfull.
    When ever i get caught in one my calves get really soar afterwards.
    Does it cause any permanent damage?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003