What's Your Favorite Style of Karate?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Korpy, May 11, 2005.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

[​IMG]
    Yay shotokan!!!
    [​IMG]

2. JeetKunDo

JeetKunDo Valued Member

You think? Damn be worried if you cant remember what style your studying haha, joking P.Belt.

3. gojuman

gojuman Valued Member

This is very typical of a commercial dojo that has no lineage. Their students just know that the sign on the door says "KARATE" this week. Next week it could say ''TAE KWONDO" OR "KRAV MAGA".

4. Falcore

Falcore almost acceptable

I Only have training experience in 2 systems of karate to date, but I work in the industry, so I get to spend a lot of time round dojo and dojang, and I have seen some abhorrent karate out there....

Anyway, I like Kyokushin the most, trained for a little while, but my younger bro has been with them for a long time, so we train together a bit. Very strong disciplined training. Even met Judd Ried once (aussies should know the name). Form my body type and fitness, I find this the most applicable.

The other style I've tried was GKR. not really suited for GKR, but I will say this - any Australian GKR Balck Belt (not sure what the UK NZ guys are like, and technically there are no US black belts yet) is a fantastic martial artist. For all their drawbacks, in GKR you onle get to Black if you deserve it.

5. gojuman

gojuman Valued Member

What is GKR?

6. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Kyokyushinkai. The best.
    Although I actually did wado ryu. I'm thinking of taking it up again and doing kyokyushinkai when I go to uni...

7. Falcore

Falcore almost acceptable

Just another style. There's a few GKR threads, so probably better to go have a squiz at them

8. shukokai2000

shukokai2000 New Member

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Ditto. :D

10. rigsville

rigsville Shukokai Karate

Err.. double ditto!

:)

11. Evil Betty

Evil Betty Birdy, birdy birdy

Shorin-Ryu.

12. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

I just started Shorei Ryu. Looking at the website, this appears to be the same as Shuri Ryu. Is it different from Shorin Ryu? I'm so confused.

13. kroyman

kroyman New Member

Seiki Juku. Busen dojo.

:D

14. Jungdo

Jungdo Valued Member

15. karate P.belt 2

karate P.belt 2 New Member

worst karate style you'll find from what I've heard
    no ours is a good school we just work on the stuff and don't worry about what it's called that much though yes it is shotokan

16. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

:D LOL get you and your "lineage" :p Have I stumbled into the kung fu forum by mistake :D

17. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

the one i do! (obviously lol) which is seiki juku

18. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Guess I have to say ditto to that..seiki juku karate. At the "Busen" or any other club thats teaching it.

Christian

19. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

Although I take ****o Ryu (along with Hakko Ryo Jujitsu) and absolutely love it (fantastic instructors), I've always wanted to take Kyokushin. 100 Man Kumite...awesomeness off the charts. Besides that I like its more hardcore approach.

20. Giver

Giver New Member

*lol* My style. Shiho Karano Ryu.