What's your dream car?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Grass hopper, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

fairly simple, list three things.

1, what's your current car, do you like it? what do you like and what don't you like?

2. what's your attainable dream car, something that you think you could reasonably save up for and buy. why you want it, and if you plan on actually getting one.

3. money is no object, what car do you by? why?

2. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

1. Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 in pearl black. I like it. Can't go very fast, but I drive sensibly so doesn't really matter to me.

2. Volkswagen Scirroco. For some reason I just really like how this car looks. Don't know about the spec.

3. Dream car would be an Aston Martin

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

1) I have a 2000 Skoda Fabia called Tabitha. She's awesome, but she's starting to show her age.

2) I really like the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, but it's an Alfa Romeo, so it'll break. I really like the Seat Leon Cupra too. They're just good looking cars.

3) An Aston Martin DB9. I don't feel I need to justify that choice.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Mercedes 220 CDI - love it, had her for 7 years now. Pimped it as soon as I got it :)

Either a white 2 door merc with a panoramic roof, black wheels and drug dealer windows or I'm toying with the idea of a Mini Cooper S with the same colours & loads of carbon fibre. Make more sense as I barely use a car now

DBS or a white Lamborghini with the same colours as what I'll get

5. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

1) I drive a deep green acura integra named sexy (dr. who fans will get that one) who i love very much. a 1996 special edition with only 134,000 miles. The automatic transmission isn't great, but i love this car nonetheless.

2) Subari impreza WRX hatchback, love em! Once I start work as an LPN i should be able to afford it. fast, reliable, and rugged.

3) BMW M5, blisteringly fast, and still practical. more than a little sexy too.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

1) Ford Mondeo which I dislike quite a lot
    2) Alfa Romeo GT. Actually I'd need at least two to allow for breakdowns.
    3) Don't have an ultimate dream car really, maybe a Healey with uprated everything?

Mitch

7. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

1) I don't have one. I don't have a driving license yet. I hate Italian burocracy. I've been collecting papers and documents for over five months and I'm not done yet. :mad:

2)As soon as I get my license this is waiting for me:
    [​IMG]
    Fiat Cinquecento :love: super cheap to buy used, comfortable and almost indestructible. :evil:

3)I like the old Mustangs of the Series I and II. A Mustang II Mii would be awesome!
    Or a Jaguar XJR-15 if I had some place to really ACCELERATE! :evil:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

1. Audi A4 Avant. It's got nice fuel economy but the boot's too small, it's too low (gets scraped by teeth), poor 'over the shoulder' vision, and the air con controls are in the wrong place.

2. Land Rover Discovery 4. I prefer the 'look' of the Range Rover but the Discovery's got a bigger boot and greater seating versatility. I had a Discovery 3 before my current car: good road view, good all round capability, very comfortable.

3. I don't have an ultimate dream car.

9. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

1. 2011 subaru outback. terrific car. would highly recommend. very safe and for a family station wagon, awesome. had it for almost three years now and nary a thing has gone wrong with it.
    2. audi a4. big fan of crash safety and all-wheel drive. it's attainable, but i wouldn't necessarily pay for it.
    3. 911 carrera 4. can you tell i like awd? has plenty of power, honestly, how much more does one need on public roads? for a sports car, in my book, the best possible value.

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

1. current car -- Toyota Matrix. The ergonomics are great, it fits in small spaces, and with the seats collapsed it carries a surprising amount of gear. What I don't like is the slow acceleration at freeway speeds. Too often I can't make the move that I want to make because I don't have the requisite sudden zip.

2. attainable dream car -- a BMW. My brother has leased two different BMW's now, and they're sweet.

3. money is no object -- Bentley, because they're assembled by hand. I love that attention to detail. With money as no object I won't care about the lousy mpg. :)

11. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

1, My day to day run around is an old series 2 mondeo it's cheap and surprisingly reliable, the family car is an Smax great flexibility for the kids and massive boot.

2. Titanium x Mondeo , Titanium x Smax , both fully loaded

3. Haven't got a specific dream car as such , more a dream garage .........

12. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

1. Vauxhall Astra. This was a popular one the hire company used to send for my old job, hated the semi automatic version but manual was awesome. Left the company, loved the car so I bought one.

2. VW Camper!

3. Ford Mustang, a guy at my old karate club had one shipped over. I spent most of that night's training staring at the dashboard. It was so shiny.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

1) 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0l Diesel
    2) I'm pretty happy with it....maybe the 2013 Grand Cherokee

3)THIS

[​IMG]

14. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Are anti-tank missiles included?

15. Moi

Just call him Arnie

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Z Day proof!!!

17. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

1) 2009 Volvo C30 - I like it because it is an unusual looking car, pretty fast. Downside is 19 MPG.

2) Dodge Challenger, or a Mustang, or a Camaro - something like that. Changes from time to time.

3) Some old classic car. Not sure, changes from time to time. Of course, some sort of Mad Max looking Camaro might be great for those DC beltway commutes...

18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

1. Rover 416 - bought it from a contact of the bloke who services my car, because it was cheap and available after my last car died and I can't survive without personal transportation!

2. A pick up truck - I liked the old style Mitsubishi L200s but hate the new curvy version - or a Jeep Wrangler

3. Not sure, probably a higher end pick up truck model or something uber sporty looking.

19. Moi

& a step ladder?

20. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I was thinking more along the lines of a cherry picker - less energy expended getting into the cab! :D