Whats ur favorite weapon type

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Knife Hand Man, Oct 25, 2003.

?

What is ur favorite out of these three

Poll closed Nov 1, 2003.
  1. Nunchaku

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Bo Staff

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Katana

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I've invented a new game!

When someone new posts I read their post then try and guess their age before looking at the profile ;) doing pretty well so far :D :D

2. psbn matt

psbn matt great sage = of heaven

ghum (korean sword, like a katana but straight blade no handgaurd)
    ssang dahn ghum (double korean short swords, like butterfly knives but with straight double edged blades and flat hand into knuckle gaurds)

3. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Sad, you didn't include sais in your poll. I think those are awesome ! :D

Christian

4. buki

buki New Member

Sad you didn't include KAMA. Two live blades 8" long?? Musashi would have loved them. Get the overlap and you're dead meat!

5. yodaofcoolness

yodaofcoolness New Member

Out of thoes three I would have to say Katana.

My favorite weapon for myself would have to be a gun.

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Probably a bowling ball, those things can be lethal.

7. Othergear

Othergear New Member

As varied as many things in Nature, such as the phases of the moon...

It should probably be said that I don't really favor weapons, it's much more than I favor weapon sets.

Still, if I have to pick one thing, it would be my connection with the environment. A sheet of paper and a grapple hand combination work really nicely, not to mention condiment shakers, chopsticks, paper clips, even a teddy bear can be used well by a pint-size judo kid. Throw the bear, throw the guy.
    I even love a MacGuyver one I invented: chewing gum and a sewing needle. If the gum has gotten hard, stick the needle in your mouth, through the round wad of gum, and spit it out at the guy. Feels a lot like a blowgun.

As for the sets I mentioned, here are a few:

I love the fan and thrower set -bo-shuriken, caltrops and powders- it's a great non-lethal system that fits into my playful nature (playful as in styles like drunken-boxing, capoeira, monkey-kungfu, etc.). Hey, I'm the guy that invented the "bunny kung-fu" set as a gag and suddenly discovered it was actually quite effective the more I worked on it. I don't plan on spreading it beyond a gag, but I wouldn't mind the temptation to whip it out for fun now and then against a person who spends way too much time standing in one place.

For more serious attitudes however, give me a straight-sword and sleeve-bow; dagger-tipped three sectional staff and monkey-kung fu.

Style sets I would *love* to be a master of for serious attitudes: triple dagger juggling style (seriously is real); rat-tail spear with sword-like spear head; the strip-armor (strategically located bars like gauntlets, shin gards, side bars, etc. which maximize movement but also give the ability to parry blades and bars with the body if done correctly), exploding pellets, and internal-to-hard kung fu set (soft style that empowers hard strikes).

Style sets I would *love* to be a master of for more playful attitudes: chopstick styles; tonfa, and who knows what else.
    In general though, I honestly do not like anything with a direct killing potential like a sword, dagger, axe, etc. Basically, if you give it to a random idiot and they can kill with it first shot, no thanks. Put an attacker into a hospital if it comes down to it, but I refuse to take a life. I will always fight with honor and respect, but I train to level the playing field against the opponent who intends to take my life, and distraction forms I find far more favorable than death forms. And they're always playful.

Good Times,
    -Savage Insight

p.s. It is my wish however that I knew how better to use the eye-level staff. I carved a friend from white ash wood and have loved it since, however, I simply have run out of creativity with it, and am sincerely wishing I knew it better.

8. ats

ats Valued Member

bludgeoning weapons...preferably the mighty oaf hammer...

BOOM!

9. beky_boo8

beky_boo8 Valued Member

i would have to go for the bong (staff ) having never used a katana but i also love the nunchaka

10. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

bottle of Newcastle brown ale, always.

11. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

7 foot waxwood staff... with the ends sanded and tapered down, one with a spear point, the other with a smaller hooking type halberd. :)

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Make sure its empty though ;) :D

13. shootodog

shootodog restless native

it's always sad when someone spills his drink...

14. ats

ats Valued Member

oh i'm sure ballistic'll make sure it's an empty bottle.
    :D

"it's like a finger pointing to the pub..."

15. ember

ember Valued Member

Bow & arrow.

So in addition to wanna-be Jedi, I've also got a thing for Legolas & Robin Hood. So shoot me. :Angel:

16. Sgt. Cueball

Sgt. Cueball New Member

I love any and all weapons, but I actually use nunchaku or gurkha kukris the most, because I usually carry one or the other with me at all times (legally, of course :) ). I am proficient with most weapons, accept for those three sectional staffs. I also have a thing for projectile weapons, such as firearms or bows, but nunchaku or gurkha kukris are what use the most, out of convinience.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  17. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I'm not really into Asian weaponry, but a katana is a nice sword, and the staff is very practical. Many European masters considered the staff to be the best overall weapon.

Personally, I prefer the european longsword over all. It's fast, light, and generates amazing power, and as far as swords go, it's very versatile. The pommel and cross are useable like a warhammer, and in half-sword grip, has a plethora of other techniques available.

I also love the rapier... such an elegant civillian weapon. Both for formal duels and back-alley brawls, the rapier is a very useful civillian sidearm.

I find sword & buckler to be a lot of fun as well, but I'm only a raw beginner in it. I like being able to conceal my sword behind my buckler, and the way the buckler can "dance" around your sword arm.

-Mark

18. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

ok ill bite ...lets play with this thread

rules
    1. dont have to guess age...just range

a.kid....15-20
    b.young adult 21-30
    c. old adult 30+

2. cant do people you already know ie.... i know grendlchild is in his 30s
    3. report record

go!

19. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

my record 21 and 8

my system

kid respose....yea man sais are way kewl and so deadly....much better than a sword cause ya go to of them...better than a gun cause they never run out of bullets..(never mid that thousands of military engagements have been won with the plain oul spear and very few ....if any won by sword)

young adult respose......mocking and sarcastiic
    favorite weapon......iowa class nuclear sub so deadly yet eligant

old adult repose.....long, informative and boring.....(guilty most of the time)

20. Pacer_3

Pacer_3 New Member

I like the European cruciform sword as well. Many people claim that the Katana is the ultimate sword, but it is only the ultimate sword for a certain style of use. The European swords are just as powerful in certain situations.

As far as Asian weapons go, I prefer either Kama or Sai.