What's this called?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Southpaw535, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

This was a new warm up we did yesterday that was meant to be really fast acting and a replacement for the standard 10-15 minutes we have of stretching, running, rolling etc.

It was 20 reps of each of these at a high speed:
    Star jumps
    Burpees
    Hindu pushups
    "Eeyores"
    Crunches

As I say each was done stupidly fast and apparently the idea was to go upper body, lower body, upper body, lower body. I would've called it tabata but someone asked and my instructor said it wasn't really so I'm throwing it out to you guys.

2. Kid Moe

Kid Moe Peace that don't belong

Man I HATE those hindu push ups!!! :mad: :bang: :cry: :hammer:

3. Southpaw535

Haha! Try doing them then this eeyore crap (on all fours, jump your legs up and out like a bucking donkey) :D
    The idea's meant to be high then low on your body but it relies way too much on supporting yourself on the arms you just killed.

4. Kid Moe

Sounds like a nice workout... I am just not familiar with the term "Eeyores"... What is that exercise?

5. Southpaw535

See above post :p
    I suck at describing things though so I'll see if I can find a video

6. Kid Moe

Hehe... We were writing at the same time...

I would love to see that!!! :D

7. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

It's like a squat thrust, only your feet leave the ground going out, but as you said need as much weight forward on the hands as to do a frogstand. Ouch

8. Southpaw535

Much better description! thanks

9. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I spent some time trawling through youtube vids, for I know someone had it in a bodyweight workout but can I find it now?... Nope, grrrrr. Am I giving up?... Nope :)

Closest I could find is this at 4:07 and he calls them Deer Runners but is travelling forward too [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t2xHmEFJpg"]Strength Training Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

10. Southpaw535

Kinda reminds me of frog jumps. The whole "what's it called" thing was about the overall regime not just that exercise though ;)

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Tabata is just a 20 second high intensity exercise then 10 second rest interval repeated 8 times.

What you did is a "horrible" :D

Mitch

12. Southpaw535

Haha looking back though it was good to do. Think because there was no breaks inbetween was why he said it wasn't a tabata

13. righty

righty Valued Member

There doesn't always have to be a name for these things. It's just called a 'warmup' or a 'workout'. The closest exercise description it would use might be circuit training.