What's the worst injury you've ever received?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Ahmad89, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Iam

Iam Valued Member

Compared to most, I've been lucky. My list is :

Broken wrist, followed by broken wrist, followed by broken wrist, none related to MA. Wrist doesn't work quite right now, one of the bones dislocates momentarily if weight/pressure is on it in the wrong direction. Doesn't stop me breaking with it, doing almost but not quite everything I need to in TKD, albeit with a bit of care.

Dislocated my big toe once, assorted minor finger problems, bloody nose just once. Plenty of thankfully minor muscle pulls from stretching too much/not enough.

Chronic splint shins for about 10 years, eventually went away, but replaced by chronic achilles problems for past few years. I've avoided actually rupturing either, just means I can't do much more than a jog without warming up ... heavens help me if I ever need to flee :)

Bruising ... banged the crap out of my leg once falling from my bicycle, it went black/blue/yellow from the ankle to my crotch & stiffened up so I could barely bend it. I hadn't realised bruises could damn well hurt prior to that!

Worst of all though was actually toothache. I loathe the memory of a week of toothache I had more than the memory of lying overnight in a hospital bed with no pain killers & a double fracture of my wrist.

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I hear you brother. Broke my wrist playing soft ball and it's never been the same since.
    A couple of weeks ago I was running about with my dogs.
    I ran right, my dog ran left. Cue me falling into a tree, putting my hands out to stop myself and popping my wrist out again. And then cue me sinking to my knees while I felt sick. Damn thing.

3. batmanrulz

batmanrulz Banned Banned

I'm always coming home from training with bruises on my shins from kicking a bag all night. but the worst injury I ever had was during my first tournament in karate. I was a fairly low rank like a yellow belt or something and I threw a roundhouse while my opponent came straight in with a front kick to the stomach. It sent me flying backwards and I popped my knee.

being a "petite" sort of girl I used to get thrown around a lot

4. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Broke my hands and fingers. Not all at once thankfully. Because I was previously in good shape and listened to my doctor I recovered fairly quickly.

5. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Broken arm flew over the handlebars of my bicycle also hair line fracture below the knee. Separate incidents.

6. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

Most annoying injury would have to be breaking my nose, did it once through Rugby and once in Lacrosse. Worst Injury would have to be getting mowed down during a Rugby practice my first year playing ( Was like 13 years old ) Caused some internal bleeding / aggravated appendix which ended up getting taken out.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

My hips. Again! I had surgery this weekend to fix the existing prosthesis on my left side because the original surgeon fluffed up [for want of a better expletive]. Won't be getting my right side operated on until September 2011 due to public spending cuts. Pootache. :(