What's the worst injury you've ever received?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Ahmad89, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Ahmad89

Ahmad89 Agent of Chaos

What's the worst injury you've ever received?

Personally, when I was in 1st grade, I was crawling under a table and there was a nail sticking out. It went in my eyebrow and there was blood everywhere. I had to get a couple stitches for this.

You?

2. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

not an injury as such but if we're comparing scars and stiches etc...i've had an operation on my hamstring and the cut goes from the crease of my bum cheek to about an inch above the back of my knee. a good 12 - 15 inches of staples :)

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Broken foot.

Concussion.

Split eyebrow (six stitches).

Out of the three the broken foot was the most annoying.

4. Aegis

Oh well, if we're going for medical stories...

I had part of my lung removed in open-chest surgery. 12 inch long scar, broken ribs, pain for years after the operation.

:D

5. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

:cool: how long ago was the op and do you still get pain now? does it affect your cardio at all?

6. Aegis

About 2.5 years ago, and the pain is mostly gone aside from the occasional twinge or when I get a direct impact to the swollen area. Doesn't affect my cardio at all, I'm just lazy :p

7. Topher

Topher allo!

Split open my left knee when I was ten. Had a whole about the size of a 10p down to the cartilage! It was too big for stitches so had to let it heal naturally.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

got run over by a dude in a bycicle when i was 4 :p

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Broke BOTH my arms in an accident as a blacksmith. As I fell to the ground I put my arms out to break my fall.

Moral DO NOT DO PRESSUPS WITH BROKEN ARMS.

KOYO

10. dustIn credible

dustIn credible Valued Member

broken foot (which i have now its out of the cast just not 100% yet)
    sprained ankle
    usually bumps and bruises

11. Coges

Coges Valued Member

My worst would be a bruised spinal cord.

The most painful would be torn ligaments in my shoulder which I, in my stupidity, continued to train with for an hour after tearing them.

Koyo, that just reminds me of the kickboxer who breaks his leg checking a kick and then goes to stand on it afterwards. Does not sound like fun at all.

12. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Saw that video and my ARMS started aching.

Isn't the mind a wonderfull think? I blacked out and woke up in hospital stoned on pain killers.

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Broken heart:cry:

14. Aegis

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor you!

Enough sympathy?

15. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've been pretty lucky so the worst I've had has been a dislocated toe from landing a jump in a kata wrong. Got up from the jump and felt something pressing on my big toe, looked down and the middle toe was a strange 'S' shape. Finished the kata and because it was the first dislocation it meant two hours sat in A&E waiting for them to x-ray it. Worst bit was that it happened at a different club that would be competing against my normal club at a competition a few days later. I still call sabotage :woo:

16. GaryT85

GaryT85 Super Gario

one time, i got kicked in the nuts :eek:

17. eltgire

eltgire New Member

Broken Clavicle
    Fractured Wrist (Both wrists, seperate times)
    Fractured Knee
    Fractured Ankles

broke the clavicle playing football and then I broke it again after I fell off the couch in the middle of the night... which I was lying on to keep from rolling while I slept.

18. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Not my injury but when I was in a provincial greco tournament years ago my mate had both forearms broken when he was thrown with a supplex and did not wrap... had to repeat his last year of school again because he could not write (as well as almost anything else). Koyo's post brought back horrible memories ;' ).

powchoy

19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Biggest injury : torn knee : MCL, bruised ACL, just missed the meniscus (wrestling comp)
    otherwise the usual..bruised ribs, bruised hand (the bones were so bruised the medics said i was lucky to not even have a hairline fracture)
    Dislocated thumb: never healed right.
    Cut eyebrows, cut lip.

20. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

not an injury per-se but i am lying in hospital right now recovering from an op to drain a peri-anal abscess. I can honestly say it is one of the worst problems i have ever had. I'm not looking forward to my motions tomorrow, although i'm thoroughly enjoying the morphine.:cool: