What's the closest in competition to a real fight situation/being attacked

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tooksomechin_na, Aug 26, 2017.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I've seen 2 different types of those, one is team Vs team, the other the same but with obstacles, and they all start around a table.

You see how quickly the result changes once 1 member of a team is out.

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think this replicates what good self defence could/would/should look like.

Morik and axelb like this.
  3. axelb

a great alternate take on self defense, simple school game to the extreme!

4. Vince Millett

Vince Millett Haec manus inimica tyrannis MAP 2017 Gold Award

I like watching Sanda but it lacks ground fighting. I see great takedowns with sometimes a great opportunity to "finish" the opponent with a joint lock or control hold but the fight stops or they are stood up. I do like the combination of striking and grappling, though.

axelb likes this.
  5. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Anyone got a good source to read on Sanda?

6. axelb

you have a 3 seconds clinch time, so the throws have to be executed quick before the break.

I had look as I thought we had thread on here. its either called Sanda and Sanshou, similar rulesets.

Sanshou Uk current Classes

I'm sure Ben Gash CLF has some good sources :)

Vince Millett likes this.
  7. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Looks like what boxing was pre sportinzation. just a asian version of it. XP Only looked at the wiki page for it.

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

That is so freakin' awesome! I would be all over that if I was 12 again! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Smitfire likes this.
  9. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Is that so when the inevitable injury happens you dont have to wait for ages for it to heal? XP Parkour does in general look great, sod traditional running start climbing and running.

10. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yep -- that, and the general springiness of the body. Both. (sigh) It's like Emil Blonsky said before he became the Abomination: "Mind you, if I took what I had now, and put it in a body that I had ten years ago, that would be someone I wouldn't want to fight."