whats the best weapon to use in a fight?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Levi, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Levi

Levi New Member

I'm talking about a street fight. what weapons can you use on the streetS?

is it illegal to carry sowrds, in USA?

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

You can use any weapon you can find "on the street", be it a stick, a bottle, a chair (outside cafe), or just them things on the end of your arms.

I believe this varies between States, so it would be best to ask a local LEO (Law Enforcement Officer). If you tell us which state you are in, somebody may know.

3. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

If your life is in eminent peril...meaning you know you may be killed in this hypothetical "street" fight, then anything you can get your hands on to use as a weapon is a weapon. Your hands/feet can be your "deadly" weapon too :rolleyes:

As for carrying a sword down the streets in the USA...whether or not it is legal or not...expect the COPS to point their guns at ya, and then shoot you if you don't comply with their commands, or make such furtive movements that would suggest your willingness to use the sword against them, or the general public around you :cool:

4. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Now hile I wouldnt go so far as to say taht Cops would pull their guns on you if you were walking around with a sword at your side. But you ahve to ask yourself why would you want to carry a sword?
    They are big, combersome and not socially acceptable to carry. Just you carrying one can upset people, but if you feel the need to carry a sowrd it would be a good idea to look up your states, county's and city's penal codes as well as get a lawyer before hand and speak with the local police.

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The closest thing I could find, my keys, a shoe (I wear 15's), sticks, bottles, rocks, piece of wood......

6. KAF

KAF Banned Banned

I think the point Kwajman is trying to get across :rolleyes: is that you use whatever you can.

7. CrimsonDemon

CrimsonDemon Valued Member

Period.

8. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

No, but they would pistol whip you, plant crack on you, and then say in the Police Report that they were assailed by "some guy hooked on PCP".

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

the best weapon is what you have close by when the fight breaks out.

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Walking around with a sword would make you look like a raving nutter. And that's not a real attractive idea when you're dealing with the law (unless your intent is to beat a wrap with an insanity plea).

But beyond that, have you really given serious thought to the idea of hitting someone with a sword? Not romantic images of walking about with one. But the actual reality of cutting someone with a sword? I'm sure it's an incredibly ugly proposition. And you should give some real thought to the consequences before you even consider carrying one about with you.

Never draw a weapon you aren't fully prepared to use. You're only going to escalate the situation beyond your ability to control.

(For me, by the way, that makes the simple stick the weapon of choice.)

Stuart

11. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Best weapon.. your brain, quick thinking can get you out of or difuse a lot of nasty situations.

I'm with Oweyn on this one though, a cane/walking stick would be the most inconsipicous weapon to carry around with you as LOTS of people like to have something to walk around with.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  12. Cudgel

if you want an idea of what a sword will do to a human take a two litre bottle and fill it with red koolaid, then cut the bottle with the sword. Just fyi use WARM koolaid.

13. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Well... I'm a rather avid cyclist, and I realized a while ago that if push came to shove, my bicycle lock could do some serious damage. I suggest that you simply look at the items you have on you at any given time, and see which would be most effective.
    And of course, there's always carrying sharpened pencils in your pocket.

14. The Kestrel

The Kestrel Valued Member

I carry up to 15 short daggers in case of defense, and they're not fordibben here.I can carry a Katana with the proper identification and stuff like that, however is not good to carry big ones(and i dont have one, anyway)

15. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

A very good point in this thread is that old topics comes up again from time to time -in new post -by people that are new to the forum. I understand them; I don't allways either bother checking up on old threads before starting new ones, but that's the main reason why I've given up the general discussion-thread. Until we get forum-systems that can warn threadstarters with text saying "this topic allready have got one thread"- we have to live with this. Another option is to "sticky" a random thread (like this one), so that people wanting to make the discussion again could continue where the last one ended.

And if you would like to know what kind of weapon is best to use on the street and not get answers like "the ones you get your hands on", you have to be more precice when formulating your question :)

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Or add it to the Weapons Links sticky? ;)

17. Cudgel

but it doesnt look like people read the stickies :(

18. CrimsonDemon

CrimsonDemon Valued Member

Or previous posts, sadly.

19. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

yeah but if someone posts a coment on a pervious post from say 2002 then the next person usually goes "oh geez look at this post dredged up!"

20. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Hi, Levi. I hope to use no weapons and if I have to I want it to be a radio. :D I can REALLY win a street fight with my radio skills, in fact I can make the entire street disappear. :D

"War Hammer, this is Devil Dog 6 actual, I have target, one round vee tee frag, grid number . . . ." :D

What is legal to carry depends on state law. Where I am, no problem. Just yesterday I walked down the street with a spear. :D Of course, I was going to practice.