What's new in boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Pitfighter, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Been outta the loop for a bit.

Do the Klitschko's still rule the HW division and still refuse to fight each other?

Has Mayweather come out of retirement yet?

What's up with my man Pacquiao?

2. butchus

butchus Valued Member

mayweather faught marquez not to long ago and beat him bad showed him up big style and i dont pay much attention to heavyweight but i think theres something been going on with hayes and the 2 klitchko brothers

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

hey now let's not forget that Marquez is a total warrior. Make no mistake about it. He's held how many world champion titles? He didn't get there by taking the easy street.

This is what bothers me about boxing fans by and large... unless they follow the game day in day out they usually are easy to dismiss someone who gets beaten. Well reality called today.... everyone gets beaten sometimes.

Marquez did get made to look like he was standing still by Mayweather. That's down Mayweather being one of the slickest and most defensively superb boxers of all time.

But let's be very clear hear... if you're trying to make it out like Marquez was a bum or didn't have any of the traits of a top notch warrior... then I'd really have to suggest you go back and take a look at Marquez's record and actually go back and watch his fights.

4. slipthejab

Now as to the question ... what's new in boxing....

sit back and prepared to be amazed!!!!

http://www.boxinginformer.com/2009/07/14/super-six-format-and-rules/

Yeah man if this doesn't float your boat as a boxing fan... you might want to check that you have a pulse because this format is going to be tops. Look at the fighters on this list!!!!

5. butchus

butchus Valued Member

i didnt say anything about marquez being a bad fighter i actually like him as a fighter alot and was hoping he would beat mayweather but like you said mayweather is just too good and he did make him look like a bad fighter

6. slipthejab

ok cool cool thanks for the clarification. That was my hopes too. But I like probably everyone was pretty much blown away by just how sophisticated Mayweather is. Still not crazy for his personality. He'll never be the peoples hero... but you can't deny him is his spot at the top. Brilliant. :)

7. butchus

butchus Valued Member

yer i think he too big headed, just wait until the pac man and mayweather that will be a classic

8. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Now that i gotta see!

9. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Holy chit! pardon my french.

Damn I can't believe that they agreed to this!

I can't any major combat sport is doing anything like this!

Damn. I hope these fights are shown on cheap cable packages. I ain't got the premium cable channels!:tears:

10. Iceman778

Iceman778 Valued Member

umm i dont know how is this happened