What would you rather have? Protein powder or take-away food?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by New Guy, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

HAHAHA :D :D

2. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Instant powder label

This is from an instant powder drink called "herbalife formula 1"...it has vanilla flavour (?)and now looking at it I can point out at least eight additives in this very drink: thickeners (E412,E460ii,E415,E44i), antioxidants (E307,E304i), anti-caking agent (E551). And of course the vanilla flavour, which has nothing whatsoever to do with vanilla. In fact, most of these are essential ingredients in making a powder drink.

Now anybody want to still argue that gulping down this powder is healthier ? You can find these very same ingredients and other additives also in lots of supermarket products such as coca cola, numerous take away meals and even milk or what they use for hamburgers.

Cheers,

Christian

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  3. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I allready told you herbalife sucked. - thats a given.

I will list the ingredients of my current Whey Powder.

All good :D

Now, the nutritional information of "the hungry mans" ready made.

[​IMG]

4. thepunisher

Excuse me, that wasn't a real label now, was it ? x-entertainment.com ? At least rip a label of your real food and scan it in. And by the way, just because it claims not to have them, doesn't mean it doesn't. Not evey company is honest about what products they have in there powder drinks.And most products wouldn't survive without additives so your drink you listed probably contains them too, in one form or other.

Christian

5. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Yes, it is the real label.

And acctually, if a company is making the claims that it doesnt include something, then it doesnt. Here in Canada, we have very strict nutritional and advertising laws. If someone were to test thier product, and it didnt match up to the label claims, then there would be serious repercussions.

It sounds to me like that comment was a "last resort" comment, because you couldnt argue the fact my whey protien is acctually... good for you :eek:

6. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

:bang:

thepunisher, you really crack me up. You obviously have done very little research in terms of performance eating. You appear to be a fake hippie that preaches that he hates powders that have one unnatural ingredient then say you would rather eat a Big Mac which is loaded with garbage. I guess you would rather know that you are eating junk and not see the nutrition label than read the label on a protein powder and drink it.

inteq the admin would close the thread on that note.

7. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Ohhh, your not very fun :p

8. thepunisher

I still won't agree its good for you prophet. Just because you trust your product, I don't. I could give the product to my dad and ask it to be tested and I wonder how much stuff he would find you might be surprised with. And no, it wasn't a "last resort" comment, I'm not trying to win anything here prophet, it was a sad fact. Its a market strategy to come up with slogans such as "does not contain etc, etc." when in fact it might actually contain such product and you aren't aware of it. Here in Europe the laws on labeling products is actually getting tigher now because lots of additives were never listed and caused health concerns.

Christian

9. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

whey protein good for you? :eek: :eek: :eek: wow! who woulda thought.......

10. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

and big macs are great, as are tv dinners. Once again, read my previous post, you keep posting comments that are based on superstition and zero evidence.

11. thepunisher

No, I don't do research on performance eating. Care to tell me why I should if I know half the products I eat contain additives ? And also, if you would care to read some of the other posts here, I "preach", if you want to call it that, eating cooked food and making yourself time for that, not eating Big Macs.

Christian

12. thepunisher

Wake up ! Did I claim Big Macs and TV dinners are great ? No, I didn't. In fact, since all contain additives what food actually is still great ?

Christian

13. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

I consider myself to be a very "clean" eater. I buy my vegetables certified organic from local growers. I get my meat from local organic farmers. My beef is free range grass fed and free of hormonal treatments from my uncle in laws ranch. I pride myself on healthy eating, and I do a lot of research on it.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, that my MRPs are additive free and prefectly good for you in every way.

It is not that hard to eat "great" food, you just have to acctually know what great food is 1st :bang:

You should probably look into that :p

14. thepunisher

And just because you have a couple of organic growers including your uncle on his ranch around you we certainly have the same in London.
    :D Yes, there is a ranch right around the corner from here.

And I do know what healthy food is, thank you very much. Sadly though that doesn't exist much around here. Because we buy from supermarkets not from ranches. And they have the tendency to want to preserve the food for longer than one day. :)

Christian

15. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

Well lets see shall we....
    first off
    then when slipthejab said this..
    - refering to ready made meals.

you replied with
    then.... some more advocating for ready made meals
    Some more junk that you posted after prophet posted an EXCELLENT shake that he uses:
    Once again I can say that you are clearly misinformed. Shakes are a GREAT supplement and while consuming 5-6 meals a day a MRP is also very useful and nutritious. I strongly advocate home-made from scratch meals and nearly all of my products at home are organic but as prophet just noted:

What a long post for something that you could have figured out if you were not so ignorant

16. thepunisher

I bow to you,oh great master ! :D I guess thats why its called an argument BoxBabaX. And come on, if I wouldn't have written so much you would have been bored as hell being the expert you are, admit it. :D :D

Christian

17. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

oh stop it your embarrassing me :p , you certainly are right though, i woulda been bored today! :D :D If only i took part in more of those religious arguments eh???

18. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

If you look really hard (ok... not that hard) you'll see that you've inadvertantly answered your own question. :D

19. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

OMG there were RELIGIOUS ARGUMENTS WITH THEPUNISHER???????

That would have been fun! Maybe I should check those forums more often! :D

Well we do agree on that point. I think we all can. But to me, saying that fast food and tv dinners are a healthier choice than a QUALITY MRP is just preposterous.

20. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^