what...weight? wait!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by FortuneFaded, Jan 14, 2005.

1. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

Hey all,

Bin watching a bit o' the ol telly, last night i was watching ' you are what you eat' on channel four and well it featured a to be wed girl who weighed 16.5 stone and she WAS massive this compared to me well, i'm not skinny far from it -taps his keg- and well i weigh 16 stone and aint that big looking...i've heard it before, 'yeah i weigh 17 stone' and the person is so much bigger (as in fat) compared to me, yet i weigh 16 stone don't look that big but someone else who is 16stone looks massive and again, whats going on here?

so confused!!!!!!! :confused:

2. Funky Phantom

Funky Phantom Valued Member

A lot of it is to do with height and build. I'm 6'4 and about 12 and a half stone and I look skinny, but someone who was 5'7 and the same weight would probably be podgy or overweight.

But more to the point, rather than sitting down and pondering this point while watching telly, you could've spent that time down the gym getting slimmer. :D

3. Maverick

Maverick New Member

You're male, so more of your weight will be bones and muscle, hers will be more fat.

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

It's anatomical differences between individuals. Various things like the areas and kind of fat deposition, "build" (meaning shoulder and joint width etc.), bone density and size, height etc. all make a big difference.

5. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

She was a serious sugar junkie, they showed her months intake of sugar in its equivalent of meringue shells, it was about 550, her green veg intake in a week, a couple of peas in some fried rice? She ate doughhuts the way I drink water. Wnat a hangover she would have had when she cut out the sucrose.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  6. budogirl

budogirl Armed and fabulous!

I'm sure it's what everyone else said but remember the telly adds pounds! Have you ever seen yourself on tv/video footage and been shocked? I have :eek: :D

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Muscle weighing more than fat would have a lot to do with it,