What weapon you prefer??

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by AE3erdion, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Hmmmm... favorite weapon?

I have to add some parameters here...

For all-around most useful/easiest to get, I have to go with the (eskrima) stick.

For even cooler-but-may-look-a-bit-weird-or-old, a nice hardwood (Canemasters) Cane.

For good concealable firepower, S&W 38 Special revolver with 2" barrel.

For excellent firepower and grin-enabling shooting, the 1911 Colt .45

And, if the crap really hits the fan, I was always good with the M-60 machine gun... but I may need an assistant to lug ammo, tripod, and spare barrels.

2. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Cool- I carried a Bo across NY for some years , most of the time on the Subway people thought it was the handrail. I felt like one of those statuesque street performers when I moved it ...

3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Short weapon:
    [​IMG]

Long:
    [​IMG]

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

YuuuuuuuuuuuUT. Oh man I feel dirty now from the motardedness of this shirt. This is worse than Tapout.

Attached Files:

5. shootodog

shootodog restless native

what weapon do i prefer?

weapon

prefer

yes!

by all means. make it a double.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

kielbasa.

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

A friend of mine beat up a guy in a prison kitchen with a frozen ham.

8. AE3erdion

AE3erdion New Member

I never use a ham like weapon, butt some plates like flying stars.

9. Kenko Enso

Kenko Enso Valued Member

Was the ham ok?

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Did he lie in hambush?

11. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Did he boar him to death?

12. Kuniku

Kuniku The Hairy Jujutsuka

A tough question, were I asked to fight right now with one long and one short weapon, I'd probably go with the Bo Staff, purely because while I love the naginata as a weapon, I'd probably end up killing myself with it, as I'm not yet practiced in it =p But having done a lot of Bo Training and a lot of fire staff spinning, I'm quite good handling a Bo - and the main difference is you don't need to pay that much attention to which way its facing, just hit them with it =p

Short weapon is a harder question, I've used weapons in an eskrima stick style fashion to great effect in SD situations before, so would be drawn to a pair of those. I daresay I like the finesse to properly fight with a katana without damaging the katana in the process =p

13. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

There is an urban legend about a woman that murdered her husband with a frozen leg of lamb, then cooked and ate the evidence, Some versions have her feeding it to the police men

14. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Since the initial question was "weapon [singular] that you prefer," I went with the stick, but if we're including combinations of weapons, then I'd go with stick & dagger every time. It's my absolute favorite category.

15. Hannibal

Out of interest why a stick over say a machete? The latter offers the same impact (if not more) with the added advantage that you can lop off limbs

For me - Kilij aside - it would be a machete/short sword style blade (aforementioned barong is a nice one to pay with) for my short range and my trusty Glock 22 for long range.

In non ballistic terms I would possibly take a spear or glaive...all the advantages of a bo but with a sharp stabby bit

16. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

I'm happy with anything... I can make do.

However, I'm most proficient with a typical European longsword (hence my username). A longsword is about 4 feet long.

Longswords in action:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln94E9AGYTc"]Zwerchhau, absetzen, nachreissen - longsword techniques training - YouTube[/ame]

For short weapons, I like the long messer. Messer is just German for knife, and was a typical commoner's weapon, similar to a bolo. It's essentially a single-edged short sword, sometimes curved:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38sVdx7nzhQ"]Langes Messer - YouTube[/ame]

I'm also particularly fond of the Choken (Japanese long sword) and the Shillelagh, so there's another long-short pairing right there. :)

-Mark

17. Hannibal

I handled a CS Gross Messer once...VERY nice I might add!

18. Kenko Enso

Kenko Enso Valued Member

Can I say Sword and Shield? 'Cause that has some neat techniques and is a ton of fun! I'm by no means an authority on it, but here's a video that looked better than most I came across:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG0Qelco8ek"]Sword & shield - medieval fencing seminar - YouTube[/ame]

19. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I think that's precisely why I'd say "stick" as well. Because of the control you have over the damage you do. You could potentially ruin someone's life with a stick. But I don't see how you could do anything but if you hit them with a machete.

Now, if we're only imagining the worst kind of armed conflict, that might make sense. But I like the idea of at least having the option of reining it in.

As an aside, watching that longsword video, I'm now convinced that "zwerch" is a close approximation to the sound I'd make getting hit with one of those things.

20. Hannibal

If I am hitting you with a weapon we are already in a lethal force encounter under law

I thought we were talking about ZOMBIE DEATH KILL!!! type weaponry though :)