what weapon would/do you carry with you?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Kobudo-man, Aug 30, 2009.

1. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

And for added shock and awe value it's actually his middle leg.

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

whatever is closest at hand. for example, we tangled while i was walking to my car, then the car keys would be my first line of attack. if we tangled before work, the coffee would be in your face before you could say 'why you moth....," then the 2nd line would come on line and attack as well like a key or a pen or a knife.

so forth and so on. it is not a question of preference. it is a question of availability. and the b@lls to use it if you have no other choice.

3. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

In my daily activities, I carry a telescopic baton, folding pocket knife, a pistol, two sets of hand cuffs and in my duty bag, I carry a randall 14 "attack" model fixed blade.. On occasion, I carry a 12 gauge shot gun along with the above listed equipment.. I also carry a M16/M4 from time to time.. I also carry 2 metal ink pens, a set of keys on a lanyard and a good heavy belt made out of parachute strapping and it has a metal buckle along with a aluminum D ring on it..

That is my daily work uniform, off work, I leave the m16/shotgun and cuffs at the house when I wear casual wear

4. KingNoodle

KingNoodle Back In Black

Ever faithful Swiss Army knife or multitool with blade (so long as i'm not busted). But, if I dont have that, then a glass bottle of Coke or Red Bull or whatever works just as well.

5. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

Care to expand on that?

6. shootodog

by all the equipment you carry you must be...a philippine political lobbyist. :hat:

on o a serious note, what do you consider a good "carry" size for a pistol? i have both full size (g17) and the compact (g19) and i prefer to carry the compact on trips. my wife wants a sub-compact (g26) but i told her that she should just stick to the compact (g19).

i had a black market hk p-7 and i loved it but i had to "hide" it on the farm since i couldn't get a license to carry for it.

7. blackxpress

blackxpress Valued Member

Do I really need to? O.K., here goes. They actually outlawed self defense? The gov't. actually expects the sheeple to be just that. Sheeple thrown to the wolves, the criminal element that in every society refuses to play by the rules and obey their silly law. Do they really believe Scotland Yard or whatever has the resources to protect all their subjects from the thugs? I don't care how many Bobbies and surveillance cameras they have. The cops can't be everywhere all at once. If they take away your ability to defend yourself against criminals they've thrown the sheeple to the wolves. Like I said, "Good Lord! :bang:" What a stupid law!!!

8. Atre

Atre Valued Member

I think there is a certain amount of discretion in application...

The advantage is than in a tense situation, we don't have participants able to pull out lethal weapons when **** hits the fan.

And if a complex brawl has occurred then you can arrest everyone, no impossible to disprove "it was self defence guv" excuses. If you have a knife then police can do what they like with you.

Admittedly I think that you can't ever [safely] withdraw the right to hold weapons (as stated in prior post, the nasty people are going to keep them) but there are things to be said for a society that never allowed secreted weapons.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Its sort of a valid point though, I guess the law probably isn't as bad as I like to think it is but they've never made it clear what reasonable force is. I don't want to wait for a fight to develop properly before I can defend myself legally but most pre emptive ways I'd end it would probably be excessive :(

10. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

What I pointed out was a fact, my opinion on the matter is the same as yours but I'd hate see someone get banged up just because they read a thread on the internet concerning weapons in self defence. Martial arts will always be under constant scrutiny and sites such as this will be under scrutiny also.
    A shooting forum I'm on has had several members turn out to be tabloid reporters, I'm sure there a few on here lokoing the next sensational story. The public face of Martial arts must be squeaky clean if we are to continue our practices with impunity.

11. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

Nah, The Philippine political lobbyist job has to wait until I finalize this tour of duty.. I work in the law enforcement field..

As far as what I carry, I prefer the old 1911 and some of their clones. I tried the glock 21, but it was too thick for my grip, so I am waiting to see about the glock 21sf when I can find one with out paying a left arm and a nut for it..

Ive been carrying a 45 for a long time, damn near since I was old enough to carry and shoot.. That is over 5 decades.

12. shootodog

.45 1911 colt was my first ever pistol. i am waiting for my RIA (.45 & .40) from my friend. the HP browning is a great workhorse too.

13. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

My weapons of current choice.

Attached Files:

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

When I've been working on my bike a large 8mm hex key is generally enough.

15. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

Hey Dave, is that sunny Sennybridge? It looks a little like it apart from that strange orange orb in the sky :D

16. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Anth,

I think Dave's bike is a little more troublesome than yours? Those could certainly come in handy where I work.... (paul sighs wistfully while imagining waking up a roomful of students with...)

paul

17. Dave Humm

Warcop mate.. Feels like my second home.

18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Nah, its his car thats the problem ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJWsWGiI57A"]YouTube - EVO Races Army & Gets Shot! British Army Vs Mitsubishi Evo VII RS (Clarkson) - Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ikWPHSKeo"]YouTube - EVO Gets SHOT! British Army Vs Mitsubishi Evo VII RS (Clarkson) - Part 2[/ame]

19. Dave Humm

LOL..

Good ole Bootnecks !

20. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

This:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5__qYs8yBTE"]YouTube - PJ Shooting the M249 SAW Machine Gun[/ame]

and one of these:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__jJ4wwNEQ"]YouTube - Firing the M9 Beretta[/ame]