what weapon do you use.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by mcbain, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

I prefer the Jian out of all weapons.
    But for display purposes, cant say no to a katana... :D

2. jome

jome New Member

The 3 sided, 2 pc, hollowmetal, tapering walking stick

is a sword that you can legally carry. No body seems to notice that it's not round in cross section, really,and it's much, much stronger than round tubing, much lighter and stronger than any wooden cane, and those CORNERS! Man, a good swing, and you'll WISH it had cut off your arm or leg cleanly, with a lot less pain.

3. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Dude. Chill. Not everyone loves guns. Not everyone feels that guns are needed to defend themselves with. Getting annoyed and in their faces will not change their opions on the manner. Do a search on guns here and you will see that every thread that gets heavily into firearms dies. They arent constructive. Most of the people here are people who DONT live in the USA. In fact most live in the UK and most dont like guns.

I like guns. I know how to shoot clean and take down small arms. Im not going to carry one around because I dont want to buy a gun and the ammo. I have other things to spend that money on. Like food and college. I also feel that a $50 knife is better weapon than a $50 gun. I owuld rather spend $600 on a sword than the same on a gun. Guns can jam. Guns are noisy. Guns draw attention. I have no desire to completly reagrane my life so taht I could carry a concealed firearm. I also dont ahve the time to devote to learning to use a firearm in a life or death situation.

ANd no one really cares that YOU have to worry about over pentration. Really you dont. They do make bullets that will stay in what they hit. And everything else you said, I have thought about all those things which is why I DONT use a gun. And everyone who gets in a posible life or deathe situation has to deal with the ramifications of lethal force regardless of whether or not they are using a gun, other weapon or their body.

4. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

It's just that this is off topic. You could allways start a new thread; guns: upps and downs. But discussing why everybody should throw away their hobbies and pick up guns is way off and not even remotely relevant for this thread. People have on this thread posted what kind of weapon they like, and sometimes they allso post why. But starting to tell why others' arts are inferior is somthing i strongly disdain.

"A nuke would oblitterate your guns anyday" -see, this kind of advocating of ones own arts on others expence gets us nowwere

5. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Well said :)

And also, pretty much any monkey can fire a gun. It takes skill to use melee weapons.

6. jome

jome New Member

as I've said before, your ignornance shows.

The knife is pretty much worthless against a 4 ft long stick. GOOD guns don't malfunction, YOU will will malfunction (ie, miss the chest or be too slow) over half of the time, without a tremendous amount of training. With a good gun and load in hand, I don't care if 5-6 knife wielders are 10 ft away from me. I will only have to hit 2 of them in 1/2 second, to convince the others that they don't want me THAT bad. I"ve been there, and nobody without a gun of their own wanted to risk it. When I'm aimed in on you, it takes only 1/4 second to react and drop the hammer. 1/4 second more suffices to switch over and hit another guh. You can only take one step in .5 second, and that won't let you reach me from 10 ft away. Only an idiot worries about what guys think about his "skill" in a lethal fight. There's only who WINS, that's all. Nobody gives a crap what weapon they used, or how they 'cheated", only who WON, removed.

Removed I just pointed out that INTELLIGENT people gave up bs "weapons" for reliable repeating firearms, back in 1873, with the advent of powerful cartridge revolvers and lever action rifles, when it comes to serious fighting. YOu dont carry around a sword, and you probably have no ability with one whatsoever. That's typical of big mouths like you. All talk and no real knowledge or ability.

Please do not call people. This is classed as personal attacks, and is against MAP Terms of Service
    - Gaskell

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2005
  7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No need to be so "attacking" in your posts. Everyone has their own opinion. Yours appears to be that the gun is the ultimate weapon and that everyone who doesnt use one is going to get killed.

Others prefer melee weapons such as sticks. That is their preferred weapon.

Remember that this thread is asking which weapon do you use?. Not what are the disadvantages of using everyone elses weapons compared to using a gun.

8. jome

jome New Member

what should be asked is what TOY do you play with?

cause in the land of the gun, that's what the other stuff IS, a toy.

9. Lennert

Lennert Valued Member

Bo staff

10. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Notice however, that this isnt a gun forum.

11. The Kestrel

The Kestrel Valued Member

gun usement is no martial art.
    I dont get the poin why even mentioning them here.

12. Helena Handbask

Helena Handbask New Member

The Gim is my weapon of choice.

13. Stolenbjorn

Gim :confused:

Welcome, by the way :)

14. Stolenbjorn

Based on what source/experience? It begins to dawn on me that you consider yoursef quite the pistolier, and the rest of us quite uneducated in MA's, but I cannot help to wonder: what's your experience on stickfighting, daggerwork/knifefighting; what styles have you been practicing?
    Yepp, and therefore you should start considering that some of us on this forum are either total idiots or actually do this for other reasons than beeing able to mow down "X" number of opponents in avenye "Y" :rolleyes:

It's a well known fact, what you say about guns beeing more eficcient than other weapons, because now any dude could kill another with no or allmost no experience. It is allso fun seeing you using this argument, as you somewhere else brags about what an art it is to use guns :p

You might be right, and you might be wrong. But if you consider us beeing so stupid and inexperienced; why bother discussing with us?

Last edited: May 2, 2005