What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

haha sounds good am going to watch it tonight

2. gcollin

gcollin Banned Banned

i just got done watching jarheads on netflix. I love the new karate kid

3. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Just finished The Protector. The Jackie Chan version. The American version.

I don't think I'll ever stop crying after seeing Superfoot reduced to the standard of fighting you'd see in Mr Nanny.

For that matter I don't think I'll be able to watch a Jackie Chan movie again any time soon either. If anyone knows where I can find the HK reshoot of this please let me know, coz the US version is a full on abortion of a martial arts flick that's trying so hard to be Enter the Dragon but is more Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave :(

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. BuddhaPalm

BuddhaPalm Valued Member

Harry Brown: 7.5/10

Great UK movie with Michael Caine.

5. Seviko

Seviko Enlightened

Just watched Ong Bak. That kick he throws in his first fight is incredible ^_^. Anyone interested in Thai boxing should watch.

6. Hatamoto

ong Bak has some cracking fights in it, but it doesn't come close to the awesomeness of the penultimate fight in his next film (The Protector/King something or other, I forget all the names.)

I finished watching Bad Santa this morning, lot of fun if you like your humour cheap and crass :p John Ritter was so cool.

7. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

I didn't think it was the greatest display of proper thai boxing ever but yeah agreed I know the kick your talking about its phenomenal I had to rewind the dvd several times to watch it lol

8. Seviko

Seviko Enlightened

Yea was great :) i actually think the style used in the movie is not Muay thai but Muay Boran which is the style that Muay Thai comes from. Either way it's amazing.

9. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Circle of Pain -2/10. What a load of crap.

10. Muawijhe

Muawijhe Dreams of Madness

I just saw Kurôzu zero (Crows Zero) last night, directed by Takashi Miike.

I'd written a little review of it then accidentally hit the back button and lost it all, so really a bit disheartened by that.

To sum up, it's about two rival gang leaders at a boy's school that try to amass followers for a final battle to prove who is the champ at the school. Both protagonists, Genji Takaya and Tamao Serizawa, are prestented in a positive light, allowing the audience to cheer for both, though the majority of the film follows Genji and his exploits.

Based off a manga, it has what one would expect of a high-school battle movie would (not counting the great Battle Royale, which is in its own class): stylized action, funny hair, teenage-angsty dialogue, light-hearted moments, and a crazy cast of supporting characters that certainly stand out. However, I feel Takashi Miike added his own flavour to it that makes it stand above similar movies in the genre.

A fun watch if you're a Takashi Miike fan, or a fan of the high-school battle genre. :hat:

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Well, it's to muay as Errol Flynn is to Western fencing. It's stage fighting with a muay tilt. That said, I love Tony Jaa's films. And this is, in no way, to be taken as a slight. Most refreshingly original fight sequences I've seen in ages.

12. Hatamoto

Saw Ip Man 2 at last, finally got hold of some decent English subs. Good film with cliches and awesome fights ruined by childish stupidity in parts (ie, the little girl fight between Donnie and Sammo) but overall, highly enjoyable. Next time I'll just watch Rocky 4, though, the training montage is infinitely better and the subtitle requirements is minimal :p

I'm half hour into True Legend now, which is basically Gladiator from what I can tell :p

13. CrowZer0

:D I'm looking for it now Takashi Miike did Ichi the killer right? My girlfriends get a bit worried when they look at my DVD/Bluray collection :p

14. BuddhaPalm

BuddhaPalm Valued Member

Cyborg - Classic.

15. Muawijhe

Yeah, Takashi Miike directed Ichi the Killer. Crows Zero is not as violent, gory, or disturbing, but sitll a great film. I am a bit biased, however, as I like about everything I see from him.

16. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

Prince of Persia.........only thing kept me watching it was that pretty chick. movie kinda sucked, but then i was never really into Prince of Persia

17. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

Karate Kid 3 is pretty crap, so crap in fact i haven't yet got all the way through it. For me though, the ultimate crap movie is Devil's Advocate (?) with Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino, Mr KR is particularly bad/unbelievable/wooden. Also, anything with Robert Urich in it.
    Oh yeah, what about yer man (Mark Wahlberg?) in The Happening, unbelievable!
    Sorry, just realised this is not the thread i thought it was- though KK3 is a recent watch for me.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  18. CrowZer0

Devils Advocate is great. :|

19. CrowZer0

I've seen Ichi, I've seen Audition and last night I watched Crow Zero.
    I was really impressed!
    The style the action very nice!
    One question Genji or Serizawa?

20. Muawijhe

haha, glad you liked it! The Genji/Serizawa question is what everyone seems to have when watching the movie. Personally, I was cheering for Serizawa. I need to find the fan-sub of the sequel and watch what happens when those two team up to go against another school. :hat:

Oh, and Devil's Advocate... I agree with whoever said the movie sucked. However, I had read the book before and was hotly anticipating the movie. Perhaps I got my hopes too far up. :cool: