What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I watched This at the end of last week (actually, watched about an hour of it, realised my Wife might like it, and watched it all thru again the next night) and it was exactly what I was looking for - No Wire-Fu, No Slapstick and more dialogue than action. All of these had been promised in the trailer, and did not disappoint!

Don't get me wrong, I live Jackie Chan, for exactly what Jackie Chan is loved for, but at his age, these more serious, grittier films are what I'd rather be seeing.

Travess

axelb likes this.
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Exactly. His "bumbling" fighting works as well for that age. Some friends of mine said it was weird that he was jumping around like Yoda in Ep2. But I disagree. He wasn't doing anything really, that was higher than waist height.

However he seems to have done away with his tempo style of choreography and gone for general "spots". So the fights are more compact and doesn't go on.

Travess likes this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Watched the last Jedi today.

I've seen a lot of people slamming it, but I liked it enough, a middle of the road film, nothing to rave about, but enough to be entertaining.

Mushroom likes this.
  4. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

I'm taking my lad to see it in a bit , I did find it funny that the blurb mentioned that Mark Hamil had been in kingsman and Carrie Fisher had been in family guy , but not the original movies !

axelb likes this.
  5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Well, in fairness -- don't you think everyone knows that Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia are Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia? ;)

Mushroom likes this.
  6. bassai

Maybe it's just the way my mind works , just seemed an odd way to refer to them.

7. bassai

Well , after seeing it I can see how it's divided opinion I think it's going to take a while before I can give an honest rating.

axelb likes this.
  8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

But they were both in Jay and silent bob strike back..... Its a classic!

axelb likes this.
  9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

"I think George Lucas is gonna sue somebody!"

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  10. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Justice League

It's already been covered in this thread, and quite well at that, so I'll not go into any great detail, nor offer any (real) spoilers, but...

...Subtle hints of John Williams old score!!!

I am absolutely geeking out here!

Travess

axelb likes this.
  11. axelb

watched John Wick 2.
    I thought it is was a good sequel, plenty of action like the first.

I felt like is had less story than the first, but that choreography as just as good, plenty of throws in there with I enjoyed in the first one.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Episode 8

I found it incredible - I also make a prediction that when Ep9 drops it will further cement the greatness of this movie....now if you will excuse me I am off back to FB to continue slapping the illogical taste out of the mouths of people who are trying to argue SW canon with me (and who are failing miserably I might add)

axelb, Travess and Dead_pool like this.
  13. aikiMac

Uh, okay, maybe you can explain Snoke to me?

So I watched it today. I liked it much more than The Force Awakens, which is good, because I did not like TFA. There was a lot of cool stuff in the movie, sure, but they're overwhelmed by the stupid stuff. There's too much stupid.

But back to my question -- I'm very confused. At the end of the Ewok movie all the Sith are dead, and all the Jedis are dead except for Luke. He's the only survivor. Some time passes, Han and Leia have a baby, and Luke opens a Jedi school. There are no Sith in the world. The only Jedis are at Luke's school. SO WHERE DID SNOKE COME FROM?!?!?!?

As I was saying, the stupid overwhelms the good, but, okay, if pressed I will admit that I liked the movie. It doesn't suck. It's a good movie.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    axelb and Hannibal like this.
  14. Hannibal

There are lots of Snoke theories - and I have my own too - but he is neither Sith nor Jedi...he is something else

Star Wars Force users are not just these two groups and therein lies the Snoke tale IMO

axelb likes this.
  15. Hannibal

Sith are just a formal Dark Side order...the Dark Side always exists hence Kylo Ren emerges

16. Mushroom

Midichloreans.

17. Mushroom

Watched The Vault

Guest starring James Franco.

Bank robbers, rob the bank. Plot twist. It's haunted. woooOOOOooooOOooO.. thats about it really.

18. aikiMac

Ahhh, of course!

19. axelb

There is a lot of stupid "whaaaat the ....?" Moments I also thought. I definitely have the feelings as @Hannibal on the predictions side, that after 9 is released this one will make a lot more sense, and I suspect a lot of haters will change their opinion.

apart from the green milk bit :D I felt the film could have been 30-45 minutes shorter without so much emphasis on those scenes.

20. aikiMac

Eh, maybe. (shrug)
    Speaking of stupid, for the longest time I couldn't understand how George Lucas could write such a captivating story -- of course I mean the original two movies -- and then stumble ever afterwards, and write stupid stuff ever afterwards, and whoever it was who wrote the last 2 or 3 movies also sucked. And then I found a YouTube video explaining that George Lucas did not write a good story in the first place. His first cut of the original movie was crap. His team of editors re-cut / re-edited the entire movie, and it was their version that went into the theaters. Lucas' version sucked. It was the editors who made "Star Wars" great.

Wow. That explains so much.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Mushroom and axelb like this.