What type of weather?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by angry, Apr 12, 2005.

?

When you you stay home from training because of the weather?

1. Rain

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Heavy rainNothing

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Snow

32 vote(s)
    23.9%
  4. Strong winds

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Days when it'sto good to be at training

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Nothing at all

97 vote(s)
    72.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. angry

angry Valued Member

What type of weather would stop you going to class?

What would make you think it would be better to miss that training session?

2. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

the only weather that can make my car go off of the road in a heartbeat. snow.

then again i mean blizzard and white out conditions

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

What he said. If I can't see two feet in front of me, I'm staying home. If I cans ee, I'm going to class :D

4. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I picked "snow", but regular snow wouldn't keep me away -- it would have to be blizzard, white-out, or dangerous ice-storm-type snow.

I suppose any weather that resulted in the dojo being closed would also keep me away. :D

5. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

Nothing at all. Not because I'm that dedicated, but because I live in Colorado, so I'm used to snow.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  6. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

We rarely ever get snow that would prevent me from getting about. So basicly I'll train as often as I can.

7. Omicron

Omicron is around.

I live a two minute walk away from my dojo, so even in a blizzard it would take me like....four minutes to get there, so I think I'd pretty much go to class in any weather. Provided, of course, that it wasn't closed because of the weather.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i love snow and rain, snow is awesome, i'd go out of my way to go to class if it was snowing.

and the hardest workouts of my life happen in the rain.

9. Mark_Campbell

Mark_Campbell Valued Member

i think id give training a miss if it was raining brimstone, other than that i get to training in a car

10. Leo_E_49

Leo_E_49 Valued Member

In 20 years time I'll be able to tell my students. "You kids have it easy nowadays. Why, when I was your age I had to trudge uphill through the snow and sludge to get to MY Dojo. A day at the Dojo with sunshine was a fine day indeed!" Of course I'd be exaggerating just a little. :p

11. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

We dont get a hell of a lot of snow around these parts nor much flooding so I had to go for nothing. I actually have a 100% attendance rate.

12. Athleng Nordic

Yea but you'd also drag your butt through 20 feet of sludge for a drink too. :D

13. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Lmao, Thats why I have to train so much, keeps the beer belly at bay :D

14. Athleng Nordic

15. Kris x

Kris x :-p

Nothing could stop me.
    That would mean giving them peace.......

.....I couldn't do that.....:yeleyes: :eek: :D.

I'm kidding,:Angel:
    I think some people just use the weather as an excuse half the time when they can't be bothered.:rolleyes: :p

16. JinkokMike

JinkokMike New Member

hi,
    The only thing that would stop me is if the teacher couldn't make it,I mean I'd run to my MA class which is about 5 miles away in any weather if my mum couldn't get me there.
    Dedication is what makes the difference between awsome and to be great.

17. Daffy

Daffy Valued Member

When the roads are too icy/snow covered in the winter is where I draw the line. But in cases like that I usually use the heavy bag and lift weights.

18. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

When I used to be within walking distance of my dojang, it was nothing. I'd go through rain or snow (which I did both of on several instances ). Although I don't reccomend taking a 15min walk to your school when the temperature is roughly 8F, and -10 to -20F or so with wind chill. It leaves you disoriented throughout class :D

Now that it's a 15-30min drive (depending on traffic) it's generally snow that'll stop me. Not the greatest stuff to be driving down a highway on. Other than that, I'll drive through it ;)

19. kickass

kickass I AM THE 11th COMMANDMENT

Nothing since the weather isnt that bad here. although i have used it as an excuse before. oops :cry:

20. mattjd

mattjd Valued Member

The only time I miss a class is when it's canceled.

Matt