What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Or their streaming was rubbish... mine was also just fine. But they couldve helped with a little more contrast.

2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Started watching Stranger things, season 3 :)

I didn't realise that the whole season was available, but I did the grown up thing and didn't watch it all in one night :D

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, would that I didn't have any responsibilities in life, and could binge tv shows all day.
    I'm hoping watch it this weekend.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So the new season of archer is available, and it's great, think all your favourite 1990's and early 2000's sci fi mixed with archer!

5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Handmaids Tale, current/latest season, catching up to around Ep.10 atm.

Sometimes a little slow burning, which I personally don't mind too much.
    Things are moving along nicely to this seasons 'endgame'.

I have to say I like this series on a few levels and I think it's grown on me more lately/ this season.
    I often had moments before where the whole premise would grind on me a little, but maybe that's my patriarchal programming getting in a huff.. I don't know.

axelb and David Harrison like this.
  6. axelb

Also watching the handmaids tale.

I found it drag a lot, there are some strong messages in the show, but the direction and script is too slow.

You can often tell what sort of episode it will be based on which director, as with a lot of TV programs they appear to direct episodes in sets of 2 or 3 between a few directors. I'm not sure if I like that format, but it seems fairly common now.

cloudz likes this.
  7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Line of Duty (Netflix)

BBC series about a Northern Police force's version of Internal Affairs (investigating dodgy coppers). It appears each series is a different case, but theres an underlying story that's going to last through all of them.

Quite good so far.

8. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

The Expanse - It's gunning for being my favourite sci-fi series even over things like Star Trek, Star Gate, Battlestar Galactica, and Babylon 5. It certainly ranks among them easily. I'm on my third viewing of seasons 1-3 and eagerly awaiting season 4. MUST WATCH if you like sci-fi.

Killjoys - What I thought was kind of a cheesy low budget sci-fi series is in fact just that, but it's also fun and interesting.

9. hewho

hewho Valued Member

watching Peaky Blinders. Not disappointed, but not thrilled

cloudz and Dead_pool like this.
  10. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

One of the best sci-fi series of all time IMO.

They took forever to get to UK streaming services though. I was waiting to see where season 3 would show up for ages, but never found out.

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. axelb

Started watching scream Queens on prime.
    Same writer/directors as Glee /American horror.

Very entertaining, just realised that I'm 4 years late to it and it was cancelled after season 2

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So I'll be checking that out soon!!

In the mean time!

David Harrison likes this.
  13. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

The only sci-fi I've seen that not only includes the coriolis effect of spinning habitats, but uses it as a plot device!

Total hard sci-fi nerd heaven!

Van Zandt likes this.
  14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Expanse fans might like to know that tomorrow I'm heading to Space Rocks in London, and Dominique Tipper (Naomi Nagata in the show) will be there. Will grab a selfie with her if I can.

David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  15. axelb

Started watching AHS: 1984
    an okay start. We'll see how it unfolds.

Also watching "The Boys" on Amazon Prime - really enjoying this gritty behind the scenes alternate version of superhero life.

16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Stranger Things 3

More of the same, and then some.

axelb likes this.
  17. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Stranger Things, can't say I liked how it ended. Was a bit of a downer.
    Looks like it's shaping up for another run, but I would like a little deeper backstory next time though.

It feels a bit thin on that side of things, as in what exactly is going with this 'other world' , why and how..

Started The Capture (BBC), intriguing and nicely done so far, shaping up really well.

18. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I binged "Cobra Kai" season 2 and loved it even more than season 1 -- which I didn't think was possible!

O-M-G -- talk about character depth! Lift up and let down, back and forth - wow, did we ever get inside their heads! The flipflop with Kreese is good-no-he's-bad, and the flipflop with Daniel is motivated by good-nope-revenge, is brilliant!
    Oh, and that scene with Johnny talking about the birth of his son ... yep.
    And to squeeze all of that depth, all of that roller-coaster of emotion, into only 10 episodes is amazing!

Give me season 3. Please!

cloudz and axelb like this.
  19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Star Trek Picard.

Episode 1 dropped today on Amazon Prime and it's already my favourite show of the new decade. So much nostalgia, and the cinematography is par excellence - it is visually stunning. Plenty of rapid, well-choreographed fight scenes too, right off the bat almost. Picard is my favourite Captain and this scored a perfect 10/10 for me.

Jaydub, cloudz, Dead_pool and 2 others like this.
  20. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Saving this one until tonight, when my better half is home - Which will be no mean feat, as it feels like I have been waiting for this, since before I knew that there was a 'this' to wait for.

Travess

cloudz, Van Zandt and axelb like this.