What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Hadn't even realised that season 5 had aired yet! OMG! :eek:

Travess

2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Amongst other things whilst I was 'banned' from exercise I watched all through Breaking bad to see what the fuss was all about.

Mostly enjoyed it, but it seemed a bit too much glamorization of drug dealing which put me off it somewhat. Still was an enjoyable and thrilling watch.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Whoah, finally another person that actually remembers Space: Above and Beyond!
    I was so glad, when I finally found it on DVD back when I got it!

That's the reason why I never gave it a try and am not planning to do so. So many other things I want to watch at some point, so I don't care much about a show, of which the previews I saw say: Having trouble getting money? Sell drugs.

Since it's been rather successful I guess there is more to it, but it just doesn't manage to get me interested.

At the moment I'm watching some easy movies, since concentrating feels nearly impossible.
    I plan to watch the next season of "Z Nation" (yep, still like zombies) and "Jane, the Virgin" (here I like how show doesn't take itself serious).

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

GOT, has been mind blowingly good. As the climatic series, it hasn't been a let down. Love how it's all come together; one niggle was how dark that battle appeared in Ep3..
    Currently getting into Line of Duty, nice!

axelb likes this.
  5. axelb

I enjoyed Z nation much more than walking dead. Much more tongue in cheek.
    Some bits really had me laughing out loud, like the cheese wheel :D (not a spoiler)

Jane the Virgin has been enjoyable also, easy to dip in and out of when there isn't much else on, nice casual watch. (I think the narrator's commentary is my favourite bit about it.)

Latikos likes this.
  6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I enjoyed both (still couldn't watch the 9th season of TWD; hurry up Netflix), but even though it both has zombies, I found them hard to compare :oops::D
    I liked that Z Nation has this crazy parts, but at the same time has a seriousness to it and it's characters.
    Then again: That's what gets me easiest: Interesting character development.

Hell yeah, that's a scene I tell people about, when they ask me "crazy humor, how?" :D

It doesn't need lots of brain, that's true enough :D
    It's easy entertainment.
    And I agree, the narrator I like as well.

axelb likes this.
  7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Rewatching Game of Thrones from the start. Previously watched to about episode 5 of season 1 and no further because I couldn't get into it. Just finished sessions 1 & 2 back to back in 3 days!

axelb likes this.
  8. axelb

Stayed up and watched the 2am showing of Game of Thrones last ever episode.

The end. :D

Latikos likes this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

My Doc is such a nerd: Went there this morning, because I'm dying on man flu (again) - and the first thing he says after "Hallo" was: "You want me to spoil it? Game of Thrones yesterday?"
    :D

axelb likes this.
  10. axelb

Watching Good Omens on Prime. Based on Terry Pratchet book.
    Really enjoyable, the direction reminds me a lot of Pushing daises.

11. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

My age is about to show...
    I spent the last two days watching a marathon, of an old show, I use to watch when I was in High School..... Vega$, starring Robert Urich as Dan Tanna

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ha! I remember that show! Though I never watched it. Is it any good?

13. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I liked it, but it is a typical, late 70s detective show.

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Just started Mother on Netflix; sci fi, robots, post apocalyptic but with an interesting twist.

Not sure how good it will be yet, but worth a second episode.

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. aikiMac

Ya, I watched the trailer. Interesting idea.

Doh! No one one told me there's a Jessica Jones 3! I binged the last episode of season 2 (because it's been a while) and then the first two episodes of season 3. Rather than invent a new villain for Jessica, her sister Trisha is the lead character so far. It's quite good.

And finally, finally, I turned on Cobra Kai season 2. I don't know how it goes in the UK, but over here it's distributed by a fee-based version of YouTube. The first episode streams for free, but you have to pay for the rest. So I'll have to make an account with YouTube. (sigh) Oh, well. That first episode maintained the coolness of season 1, so I expect it will be good.

Dead_pool and Mushroom like this.
  16. aikiMac

Finished episode 6 of Jessica Jones. I'm liking it. The fall of Malcom, and the development of Jeri for the first time, is great. Trish's character is pretty cool, too, except that I don't understand her powers. She can see well in the dark, and jump off of rooftops. Okaaaaay. But she learned to fight and climb merely by practice and training just like the rest of us, so ... I don't know. But this season is a seamless continuation of the prior two seasons, and equally as good, so I'm happy. :)

17. axelb

Cobra Kai season 2.

Finally got around to it, as good as the first season :)

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Making my way through [the final] eighth season of Game of Thrones. The third episode, 'The Long Night,' is hands down the best in the show's history thus far.

cloudz and axelb like this.
  19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Is that the episode where no one can see anything?

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

No, it's the one where people who weren't smart enough to turn off the lights couldn't see anything. I saw everything just fine. :D