What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Spoiler tags anyone?

I knew most of it already, but spoiler tags are great anyway.

I started "The man in the high castle" after I got amazon prime and really like it so far.
    When I read the Rufus Sewell had a part I could have known beforehand, that he would be a Nazi.
    Actors I like are usually the killers, bad guys or die right away :D

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

The show started in 2015, but, all right, that's fair. I fixed it. :)

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

It's good!!!

The classic episodes are on YouTube too!

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Fair. I...erm... I mean "we" need more Peyton. Just saying. Also are you up to date?

5. aikiMac

Not up to date, no. I watched seasons 1-3. I'm in the middle of season 2 now on my second time through. I watch via Netflix, so I won't get seasons 4 for a while yet.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Your Netflix in US must run differently then, because we get in UK get weekly episode updates now.

7. aikiMac

Ya, I have noticed several time before, in this thread, that our Netflixes are different. And yours is better. :(

8. Dead_pool

I'm three episodes in and I'm enjoying it!

Also

9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I really liked this song, since I heard it the first time on his CD:

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

We've always been told that US Netflix is better when it comes to the sheer volume of content.

When I was hunting for a VPN for China, I would find forums filled with people talking about how VPN's are a must, not just for China, but for home as you can watch US Netflix and all its glorious bounty.

11. Dead_pool

The US database of content is many times larger then the Europe's, obviously size isn't everything though!

12. Dead_pool

Thats ace!

Apparently the Dr who Dr Smith steals her ID from in the new series, is the original Will Robinson!

13. aikiMac

Ah, I did not know that. The scope of Netflix is exactly why I pay for it instead of cable tv, so I'm not surprised.
    What I've noticed, though, is that Europe gets some shows sooner -- iZombie season 4 being an example. So I might have more overall, but you get to watch some of them first. (shrug)

14. Dead_pool

From a quick look online, the UK gets izombie after its shown on real TV in the US, once the entire season is shown it will appear in full on US Netflix.

It's all to do with licensing.

It's the same reason some of your books on your kindle will disappear if you go on holiday to a different licensing area and turn on the WiFi.

I've made that mistake before!

15. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Yeah, Bill Mumy (just looked it up) That is so cool...

Travess

16. Chimpcheng

Whaaaaaaaat? I had no idea that this was a thing? Books just disappear from your Kindle if they're not licensed in the country you're visiting?

17. Dead_pool

Yes, as they're not licensed in that country/area, but only if you switch the WiFi on to download something new, I had a very boring beach holiday in the canary Islands a few years ago because of this.

Edit, I think this varies a little as many licenses cover the US and europe, but the canaries are technically Africa so that's why I was caught out.

18. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Anyone else watching West World?

19. Chimpcheng

I started watching the first season a while ago, got several episodes in before other shows took priority. I need to get back into it so I can start season 2...

20. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Same - Had just 2 episodes of season 1 to watch, but decided to leave them for a while, after they announced that season 2 may not materialise until 2019...

...Which obviously turned out to be untrue!

Travess

Chimpcheng likes this.